By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubi's attack! "Imagine Petz kills your Nintendo Platform" trailer.

yushire said:
Kurakasa said:

Maybe because that casual crowd does not know how to download a game, perhaps? :D Wasn't that ad about the new gameline for nintendo platforms? Does that not include the wii? :)

Err... In viewer's point of view? HELL NO. Watched it 5 times already and theres still no signs of Wii being advertised, the Petz section was too short to be noticed anyway.

Really? I did not notice the ds-part of that commercial, except one kid had a ds.. At the beginning of the commercial there was some kids with wiimotes. At the end of the commercial there was some woman on wii board (or maybe a scale, did not bother to look).

And that is what I noticed first time, watching that commercial second time with a little thought there actually were DS:s on that commercial. :P

Around the Network
Kurakasa said:
yushire said:
Kurakasa said:

Maybe because that casual crowd does not know how to download a game, perhaps? :D Wasn't that ad about the new gameline for nintendo platforms? Does that not include the wii? :)

Err... In viewer's point of view? HELL NO. Watched it 5 times already and theres still no signs of Wii being advertised, the Petz section was too short to be noticed anyway.

Really? I did not notice the ds-part of that commercial, except one kid had a ds.. At the beginning of the commercial there was some kids with wiimotes. At the end of the commercial there was some woman on wii board (or maybe a scale, did not bother to look).

And that is what I noticed first time, watching that commercial second time with a little thought there actually were DS:s on that commercial. :P

The commercial was too broad and too generic anyway, so it just fail when ads were to concern and the woman was standing on the scale.

Anyway, this ad was 100 times better than that commercial:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VY1gOz2-BxA

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I love it when people go around saying platform x is for or only caters to gamer y.

When a single person can talk against the market and be taken seriously... It's like Sony saying thier system is worth $800 and people should get 2 jobs for it.

They forget this isn't a resource industry it's a entertainment industry - the market decides what value is in the most powerful way it can: with money.

Follow the revenue and your going to end up in PS360 land follow the profit and you end up in Wii land Microsoft and Sony said so themselves in their fiscal reports.

Companies who used to be in profit on the theater model end are now losing money, closing up shop, mergeing, joining larger publishers, or became succesful beyond belief, it's like a pyramid in that order.

While companies that were in a downward spiral are pulling out of the red and into the black on the Wii's end. These small companies making amazing profits on the DS want a larger bottom line on the Wii while the going is good.

Then the consumer - who are they, are they hardcore gamers or casual gamers:

Regardless of how many games you buy or how long you play them, if gaming is your hobby your a gamer, you could buy 1 game a year your still a gamer by hobby.

Some people take up pool as a hobby that they play on occasion, Kite flyers do the same thing during fall and spring, that's the point of a hobby it's something without rules - your doing it out of your own liezure, that's what makes it so casual, that's what makes it a hobby.

You can't tell someone - unless your a gaurdian or parent talking to their child how to use their spare time, no wonder some people look at these guys wondering what could be wrong with them, because they are turning a hobby into an occupation.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D