By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan

My opinion is for sluggers sales..Good..because i think already that it is very crappy game.
No one should buy it

Around the Network
hanafuda said:

Super Robot Taisen A Portable (PSP)

Super Mario Stadium, Family Baseball (Wii)

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

'There is NO way PS3 hardware will hit 100k - zero chance.

MGS4 will sell around 250k-300k (software!) week#1 - and you would think that 80% of purchasers already have a PS3 (at least). This means about 30k bundles could sell, so total PS3 sales for the week could hit 30k-50k.'. 

shams on Metal Gear Solid 4 in Japan

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19541

Awesome, I got some random thought/blurb now down as someones sig! I must do more of those :)

(PS - PS3 hardware didn't hit 100k... since the software sold double what I expected, the bundles sold goes up to 60k from 30k - total sales around 80k...)

But whatever, people only listen to the bits they want to :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm sure that Super Mario Stadium will have a very great sales during the week, maybe 60k-70k.

For example, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games only sold during its first day 15k, but during the entire week 63k.

I predict

150k MGS4 for this week and 35k PS3.

When the PSP has a game that can stay in the top 50 for more than 2 months not named monster hunter call me back. Its nice it can get 50k first days sales, now only if it could get more than 150k lifetime...

Mario Baseball that debuted at .5 of what Robot whatever did will sell 4x lifetime. on a smaller userbase.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

^

4x?

I doubt it. The Super Robot games have pretty good legs themselves.

Family Baseball has had poor reviews, and there is already plenty of competition out there for baseball games.

It may sell more in the end, but I doubt even 2x what Super Robot sells. Expect Mario Strikers Charged type results.

PSN - hanafuda

bigjon said:
When the PSP has a game that can stay in the top 50 for more than 2 months not named monster hunter call me back. Its nice it can get 50k first days sales, now only if it could get more than 150k lifetime...

Mario Baseball that debuted at .5 of what Robot whatever did will sell 4x lifetime. on a smaller userbase.

Wanna bet that it will pass 150k lt in Japan ? Im in if you are ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Come on PS3! Hold firm!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Why do you want now legs in japan ?

Japanese market was always a compulsive and front-loaded market.The "legs" that seems to excite you so much are only because casual ,and crappy ,games that are sold to most of the new casual buyers of the machine.Once the machine doesnt sell so much ,many of those 2-3 year old games dont sell as much anymore.

Do you maybe believe that having 5-10 3 year old games with "OMFG awesome legs!!"" running the charts is the epitome of gaming health ?

isn't Super Robot Taisen a bigger series?