By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4.00 has been released on the PSP, and I'm not happy.

The turn to a full X.00 on the PSP has been disappointing IMO. All it added is: 

• [Internet Search] has been added as a feature under [Network]
  • Functionality allowing for altered playing speeds under [Video]
  • Added Subtitle support under [Video]

Thanks Sony for this disapointing update on the PSP.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

How can an update be disapointing?

I don't get that.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

What other features do you want on the PSP?

Munkeh111 said:

How about.... The ability to use the store directly from the PSP. Since I am not able to use the store because the downloader only works for PC, not Macs.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

@joey

The psp isnt the ps3, the psp is limited to 4mb of Flash for firmwares, and only has around 32-64mb of ram.

You cant put the store directly on the psp, it just wont fit.

mM
Around the Network

Yes, but like the radio player you could make the store an app that downloads to a memory stick. So you could have the store on it.

Yes

Yeah , I was expecting the store to , but its more than nothing :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Munkeh111 said:

WPA2-AES wireless security.

I'm forced to have my wireless desktop computer use the less secure WPA2-TKIP because that is the only way I can have both my Linux desktop and my PSP on the same Wireless network.

At least it is better then the DS which only supports WEP.

Yeah, this update was pretty crappy.

Normally, the full integer updates are pretty good, but this one sucked major balls.

How about DivX/XviD support, or PS Store, or a better flash player on the browser, etc.

DMeisterJ said:
Yeah, this update was pretty crappy.

Normally, the full integer updates are pretty good, but this one sucked major balls.

How about DivX/XviD support, or PS Store, or a better flash player on the browser, etc.

As much as I would want that I heard thats it would be almost impossible , because of lack of memory :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!