By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlefield bad Company... I am trading in Halo 3 and CoD4 towards it.

NJ5 said:

I did try getting used to it. Personally, I think the learning curve is much higher, while in the end you won't be as fast as with a mouse. Dual analogs only have disadvantages vs a mouse or the Wii remote (in terms of aiming), or am I missing something?

No, you're right. Wii-mote aiming is much, much faster and more accurate than dual analog. For additional accuracy, you can make your own sensor bar (I did).  I actually measured my sensor bar out so that at default sensitivity it points roughly 1:1 with my TV.

Dual analog is the best you can do with the control available, though. Once you get used to it and if you focus on "flicking" as your main method of aiming quickly, you'll find that you can be pretty accurate. Again, I've never seen a time when you need to be even remotely as accurate in any Xbox 360 game as you have to be in Metroid Prime 3 against many of the bosses. For example, one of the bosses in metroid prime 3 requires you to shoot one of its three eyes /a lot/ while it's running around and attacking you and moving sporatically.

You won't find that combination of precision and speed required in any 360 shooter. In general, they're much easier and that just makes up for the lack of precise control.

Around the Network

For those of us who have never done keyboard and mouse FPSing, dual analogue stocks are generally very good

Munkeh111 said:
For those of us who have never done keyboard and mouse FPSing, dual analogue stocks are generally very good

But they're not even close to as quick or accurate as either the wiimote or mouse.  With the Wii mote and mouse, you can move as quickly as you want and be extremely precise.  With dual analog, you are limited to how fast you can move and precision is considerably lower, even when you get very good at it. 

It's just a shortcoming of the control scheme.  It's not terrible, but it doesn't compare to the other two methods.

Munkeh111 said:
Suspense304 said:
I'd say your assumptions of it selling more than Killzone 2 this summer are 100% correct.. Considering Killzone 2 won't be out this summer (or this year perhaps)

Can't say I agree. Killzone 2 will sell more because of massive marketing, hype and it will get great reviews

Yea... but it won't be out this summer.. that was the point I was making.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

good decision mate!!! probably the best game i have played this year so far...

Around the Network

Since you're a big Battlefield fan, might I suggest you Battlefield Heroes (coming out this summer) and Battlefield 3 (2009), both PC-only.

Suspense304 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Suspense304 said:
I'd say your assumptions of it selling more than Killzone 2 this summer are 100% correct.. Considering Killzone 2 won't be out this summer (or this year perhaps)

Can't say I agree. Killzone 2 will sell more because of massive marketing, hype and it will get great reviews

Yea... but it won't be out this summer.. that was the point I was making.

Sorry, missed that

NJ5 said:
Myahon said:

(...) This was just as good as BF2, but with all the benefits of a console (...)

Are you saying you like aiming with Dual analogs? Having bought Halo 3 in the cheap just to try it out, I'd rather have a tooth pulled out...

Eh, I'd wait for a Battlefield 3. Bad Company is console only and it didn't feel as good as Battlefield 2. Sure, the destructable environments made things interesting, but the lack of giant servers (24 vs 64), lack of prone, as well as a lack of vehicles and aircraft make me think of this as more of a step backwards. I guess it's a step up compared to the console Battlefield games so whatever. 

I'd much prefer a mouse and keyboard for something like Battlefield where there are tons of people and threats all around you so you have to be able to return fire at a moment's notice.

IllegalPaladin said:
NJ5 said:
Myahon said:

(...) This was just as good as BF2, but with all the benefits of a console (...)

Are you saying you like aiming with Dual analogs? Having bought Halo 3 in the cheap just to try it out, I'd rather have a tooth pulled out...

Eh, I'd wait for a Battlefield 3. Bad Company is console only and it didn't feel as good as Battlefield 2. Sure, the destructable environments made things interesting, but the lack of giant servers (24 vs 64), lack of prone, as well as a lack of vehicles and aircraft make me think of this as more of a step backwards. I guess it's a step up compared to the console Battlefield games so whatever.

I'd much prefer a mouse and keyboard for something like Battlefield where there are tons of people and threats all around you so you have to be able to return fire at a moment's notice.

That's a step backwards for the console version too!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I thought Vehicles and Aircraft were in?I seen them in a lot of videos. I've only played the single player demo dont have live gold and vehicles are in single player. Lack of prone is a serious turn off there is no excuse for it.

I actually prefer dual analog to a mouse when done well. Unfourtunatly Bad company is not even close to done well. COD 2, COD4, MOH airborne, All of the Tom Clancy games, Halo3 all control better than the bad company demo. I have my sesetivity to max by default and man does it control slow. Thats a shame I actually like most of what i saw in the demo.

Glad to hear Battlefield 3 is on the horizon Have not seen any info on it yet.