By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gameplayer was@Too Human event lastnight(Too Human might turn out like Haze

@blazinhead89 - He already has look at any Haze related posts.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

TH has been hyped way more by 360 fans than Haze was by PS3 fans. TH appears high on lists of OMG AAA upcoming game lists all the time, while Haze never was included among top upcoming PS3 games like FFXIII, GoW, MGS4.

Distinguish between market-wide buzz and hype generated by a select group of fans, and your confusion will disolve.

Thats crap. Too Human is just one of many 360 RPG's. When Haze was first announced it was going to be out in 2007. When it went "exclusive" awareness of the title positively skyrocketed.

All of a sudden PS3 fans had a shooter that was going to be so good Sony paid Ubisoft for it to be exclusive. Then five months behind schedule the PS3 gets Lair 2.

Its too late to change history.

Again you confuse awareness with active hyping from core fans.  And Haze's development history has nothing to do with the fact that TH definitely has gotten placed above Infinite Undiscovery, ToV, and other RPGs on the 360 hype list around here many many times, while no one placed Haze in a top echelon of PS3 titles.

Your last sentence was like most of those you've ever typed: nonsensical.

I'm not weighing in on TH and whether it will suck.  I didn't do it for Haze, either.  But the two aren't even comparable: the former is hyped as this legendary Ace about to drop finally to the 360, and Haze was...maybe going to have decent legs if it was any good.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Again you confuse awareness with active hyping from core fans.  And Haze's development history has nothing to do with the fact that TH definitely has gotten placed above Infinite Undiscovery, ToV, and other RPGs on the 360 hype list around here many many times, while no one placed Haze in a top echelon of PS3 titles.

Your last sentence was like most of those you've ever typed: nonsensical.

I'm not weighing in on TH and whether it will suck.  I didn't do it for Haze, either.  But the two aren't even comparable: the former is hyped as this legendary Ace about to drop finally to the 360, and Haze was...maybe going to have decent legs if it was any good.

You're falling into your own trap.  "Legendary Ace?"  Where on god's green earth have you seen this game hyped?

Haze became a big deal to PS3 fans the moment it became exclusive, and was listed in most fans speil of big games coming.  "Just wait until MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, Resistance 2, Haze, Motorstorm 2......." 

If of course you're referring to mainstream public awareness of the titles, then its all a moot point, as neither had any.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
rocketpig said:

I hope this game doesn't suck but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did. Maybe not on the Epic Fail level of Lair, but I could definitely see a Haze-esque shitfest of a game getting released.

I wasn't aware there was any difference between Lair and Lair 2...er...Haze in terms of their respective levels of shitness:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/haze?q=haze

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/lair?q=lair

Nah, they're very different games.

Haze pissed me off but there were glimmers of decent play now and then.

Lair made me want to take a hammer after my PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ Loud... Maybe Haze wasn't hyped here a ton, but Haze WAS hyped in a whole lot of places as an upcoming AAA exclusive game. The hype machine from fans and from "professional" websites was full steam ahead. It was hyped heavily as PS3's first AAA FPS shooter that would directly challenge the Halo series. Google the terms Haze and Highly Anticipated or Haze and AAA and you'll get 100s of thousands of hits going back to 2007 about how this game was going to rock. That's why it fell so hard -- just like Lair -- because the hype machine was in full swing.

At this point, users are hyping Too Human to some degree but there are a lot of hardcore 360 fans that aren't sold. Perhaps Microsoft knows this title is in trouble and they are avoiding a big hype train because they don't want an epic fail -- time will tell. Even if the game doesn't live up to its billing, it won't even be in the same zip code of the level of Epic Fail that Haze was as it doesn't have nearly as far to fall (at least at this point).

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

some games got to fail

i didnt think to human looked good anyways, after 10 years of development its looking like a lame duck!

i was hoping it would be a good action title akin to god of war, but i guess we will have to wait till the reviews come in to see if it was worth the wait.

i suppose 360 was going to get its lair & haze soon enough

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'm sorry but if LBP, Resistance 2, Gears of War, Too Human, and Fable 2 have all been hyped on this site and in the media. Any failures by these games will create the Haze type thread of venom.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
starcraft said:
dbot said:

Are you saying that Too Human has not been hyped by 360 fans? 

The ONLY person on these forums that has tried to hype this game is me.

I failed miserably.

Fair enough.  I'm sure most of the angry posts will be directed at you anyway.

lool,,why ?he is not the creator of Too Human,,, is he?he is just a fan of the game

starcraft said:
dbot said:
starcraft said:
dbot said:

Are you saying that Too Human has not been hyped by 360 fans? 

The ONLY person on these forums that has tried to hype this game is me.

I failed miserably.

Fair enough.  I'm sure most of the angry posts will be directed at you anyway.

Angry?  Lol.

If this game sucks I'm sure the few 360 fans this site has will be disappointed.

But the main outpour of emotion will be from PS3 fans that are POSITIVELY GLEEFUL!!!!

If this game sucks giant monkey balls, expect 8 different threads from Spartan highlighting specific bad reviews ranging from IGN through to obscure French websites noone has heard of.

looooool,,,you know me too damn well man XD

but seriously I would never do that ,,,with positive news, yea I might but not with negative news.