By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gameplayer was@Too Human event lastnight(Too Human might turn out like Haze

rocketpig said:

I hope this game doesn't suck but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did. Maybe not on the Epic Fail level of Lair, but I could definitely see a Haze-esque shitfest of a game getting released.

I wasn't aware there was any difference between Lair and Lair 2...er...Haze in terms of their respective levels of shitness:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/haze?q=haze

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/lair?q=lair

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
dbot said:
If this game sucks, it will get pretty ugly around here. Many PS3 fans are waiting to avenge the Lair and Haze beatings they received.

The difference is, PS3 owners hyped those games.  You should have seen what used to happen to me when I suggested Haze would later come to the 360..........

On the other hand, Sony fans have been assuring me for months that this game will bomb, because it has "absolutely zero hype."

Are you saying that Too Human has not been hyped by 360 fans? 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:

The ONLY person on these forums that has tried to hype this game is me.

I failed miserably.

Games that go through such a difficult development process usually don´t turn out very good....either that or they just fall (way) below people´s expectations considering the devs behind the title.

starcraft said:
Aj_habfan said:

Remotly like this? You did far worse. You made a thread dedicated to Haze becoming the next Lair, except you had even less evidence for it then he did.

Forgive me, I may be wrong.  But didn't I make that thread AFTER Haze DID turn out to be the next Lair?

Its just your argument trips up a bit when the person your having a go at turned out to be right..........

I could swear it was at least a month before the release. But I can't be sure about that, so I'll let it go here.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
dbot said:

I failed miserably.

Fair enough.  I'm sure most of the angry posts will be directed at you anyway.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
starcraft said:
dbot said:

I failed miserably.

Angry?  Lol.

If this game sucks I'm sure the few 360 fans this site has will be disappointed.

But the main outpour of emotion will be from PS3 fans that are POSITIVELY GLEEFUL!!!!

If this game sucks giant monkey balls, expect 8 different threads from Spartan highlighting specific bad reviews ranging from IGN through to obscure French websites noone has heard of.

starcraft said:
dbot said:
If this game sucks, it will get pretty ugly around here. Many PS3 fans are waiting to avenge the Lair and Haze beatings they received.

The difference is, PS3 owners hyped those games. You should have seen what used to happen to me when I suggested Haze would later come to the 360..........

On the other hand, Sony fans have been assuring me for months that this game will bomb, because it has "absolutely zero hype."

TH has been hyped way more by 360 fans than Haze was by PS3 fans. TH appears high on lists of OMG AAA upcoming game lists all the time, while Haze never was included among top upcoming PS3 games like FFXIII, GoW, MGS4.

Distinguish between market-wide buzz and hype generated by a select group of fans, and your confusion will disolve.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

TH has been hyped way more by 360 fans than Haze was by PS3 fans. TH appears high on lists of OMG AAA upcoming game lists all the time, while Haze never was included among top upcoming PS3 games like FFXIII, GoW, MGS4.

Distinguish between market-wide buzz and hype generated by a select group of fans, and your confusion will disolve.

Thats crap.  Too Human is just one of many 360 RPG's.  When Haze was first announced it was going to be out in 2007.  When it went "exclusive" awareness of the title positively skyrocketed. 

All of a sudden PS3 fans had a shooter that was going to be so good Sony paid Ubisoft for it to be exclusive.  Then five months behind schedule the PS3 gets Lair 2.

Its too late to change history.

starcraft said:
dbot said:
starcraft said:
dbot said:

I failed miserably.

Angry?  Lol.

If this game sucks I'm sure the few 360 fans this site has will be disappointed.

But the main outpour of emotion will be from PS3 fans that are POSITIVELY GLEEFUL!!!!

If this game sucks giant monkey balls, expect 8 different threads from Spartan highlighting specific bad reviews ranging from IGN through to obscure French websites noone has heard of.

im sure you would do the exact same thing if this was a PS3 exclusive that turned out shit ;)