By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mongol Movie - Will you see it? Have you already?

Is anyone going to see the new Mongol movie? It is getting good reviews.

The story is about how Genghis Khan consolidates power and unifies the Mongols in ~1172 - ~1200, before he sets out to conquer the world. First in a triology as well supposedly. Quite a few of the reviews say it feels like an old fashioned hollywood epic (ala Lawrence of Arabia),

Looks like a good night for me...going to the Phillies game against the Angels...and then I can hit the town and see it...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

it sounds good i might see it sometime

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

So wait, you say that it's a trilogy. Does that mean it covers the forming of the different khanates of the breaking apart of said khanates? Death of Genghis, Kublai, Ogedei Khan, invasion of Japan, Song Empire, etc.? Siege of Kiev, Subutai? I've got to know all the details here!

If so, it sounds like a very exciting series. When will it be coming out?

Ummmmm For the hooooorde!!

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

First one is out today...

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

For the record, its a really good movie.

- Lao Tzu

I would see it. Sadly not playing by me.

TheSource said:

Is anyone going to see the new Mongol movie? It is getting good reviews.

The story is about how Genghis Khan consolidates power and unifies the Mongols in ~1172 - ~1200, before he sets out to conquer the world. First in a triology as well supposedly. Quite a few of the reviews say it feels like an old fashioned hollywood epic (ala Lawrence of Arabia),

Looks like a good night for me...going to the Phillies game against the Angels...and then I can hit the town and see it...

I think that is a foreign film. A couple of things. Foreign films are always over-rated, always, and the subtitle nature of the film takes away a lot of its audience.

However, I do believe this film won an academy award or something so I'm definitely seeing it.

The movie that has surprised me the most is Wanted, which has a perfect 100 rating on rottentomatoes. It is that crappy looking movie with Morgan Freeman and Angeline Joliet, where they curve the bullets. Yep, supposedly the best action flick in a long time. Surprise, surprise.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I saw it this weekend, and I was surprised. It was playing in a tiny little theatre in Princeton, but it was completely packed. Its a really good movie, even with the subtitles. It almost feels like an old school Western, everybody wears cool hats, the women are gorgeous, the men are reserved, the battles are bloody but not excessive, and everything is paced well. Definitely a mythical aura to alot of the scenes too.

- Lao Tzu

I actually did want to see this movie. Unfortunately where I go to school doesn't have any small indie theatres. My hometown however has a few so if I ever go back soon and it is playing I will probably see it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.