By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best series of all-time?

Zelda, followed close by Final Fantasy.

Those 2 are the greatest series of all time, by a long margin

If I had to choose other ones, my 3rd an 4th spot would be for Mario and Metal Gear, in that order

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

Around the Network

Mario and LoZ.

1) LoZ
2) FF, Mario
3) megaman, castlevania :)

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Super Mario and Pokemon

Wing Commander
Mechwarrior
Monkey Island
Space Quest

Around the Network

Metal gear solid to me is the best series, mgs1 was amazing, mgs2 was AAA, mgs3 was better than mgs2, and the mgs4 just completely obliterated the rest.

MGS is my favorite series so far.

mM

For Epicness.. i would have to say.. God of war. I mean.. you freakin start the game by killing a massive hydra !.. and thats no where near the hight that those games take you.

For greatness... Tekken. Easy to pick up an play, yet with a very deep and interesting story that's above what i've seen in any other fighter.

Check out my game about moles ^

The Mother series, Mother 1 was pretty good, pretty hard 'cause there's no real direction on where you're going. Mother 2, just pure epicness. Mother 3, I enjoyed it and the translations looking good.

Boring picks: Mario, Zelda, yeah.

Also, like that one guy said near the beginning, The Pikmin series. It's really fun :3

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

For me it is without a doubt Mario. The main series have each been amazing, and some of the spin-offs have been outstanding as well. Some examples being Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi, etc.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Legend of Zelda followed by Metal Gear Solid.