By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Dark Cloud 3 being developed for PS3 exclusively

According to Italian Playstation magazine PSMania, Level 5 who are currently working on White Knight Chronicles which is due out later this year are rumored to also be working on Dark Cloud 3 which will release exclusively on the Playstation 3 in 2009.

The translated article states

"One of our infiltrates, has revealed that Level 5 is working on a new Dark Cloud exclusively for the PlayStation 3. This title will come out in March of 2009, and will be developed using a new open-technology, the Japanese style "Kumo Engine"

link

Around the Network

Another game? Wow they are taking on alot for being so small.

Dark..cloud...?

enlighten me.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

After the franchises "lost" to the Xbox, this would be a smart move, especially since they already have good ties to Level 5, which would make this an easier (cheaper) move for Sony.

They should finish WKC first

Around the Network

@neos

Sony's attempt at a zelda knock off on the PS2. The first game was pretty neat as you'd travel through dungeons doing level by level. After completing the dungeon, you'd have to put the towns together (they were destroyed by whatever happened, and you'd get the pieces of the town via the dungeon).

It was pretty good, very zelda esque with a few twists like element damage, weapon leveling, town building, and multiple characters.

OT: Sounds good, I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out.

Munkeh111 said:
They should finish WKC first

And DQIX.

never heard of this game. what kind of game is it?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@Munkeh111
No doubt they will finish games first, be silly not to.

I do like the way they use the term 'Exclusively for PS3' when as I thought, Dark Cloud series is Sony property, is it not? But good news really, the PS3 needs it's established RPGs, just a shame it's not the biggest of titles.

Hmm, pie.

Interesting :D

From how student described it, i might pick it up