By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will firmware update 2.4 be released?

hmm 24th of June would be an excellent date for them release it ...

That or it's coming early july.

Around the Network
MattAAron said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/17/firmware-v236-coming-soon-v240-to-include-trophies-in-game-xmb/

I honestly dont know what the term "shortly" means anymore, they said they were going to talk about 2.40 " shortly", its been almost 3 days..

mM

I'm sure the blogger meant "shortly" when expressed in terms of geological time.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Assuming they can make it this would be great to release for E3 and to have as many games ready to patch and support it as possible would just make the release carry more weight.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

oohhh...i just got struck by the awesome thought of FFXIII with multiple shiny trophies to acquire...

*changes trousers*

Don't know why it only hit me now

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

... come on SONY ...

Hopefully they will atleast detail the update for us i a few days ...

leo-j said:
MattAAron said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/17/firmware-v236-coming-soon-v240-to-include-trophies-in-game-xmb/

I honestly dont know what the term "shortly" means anymore, they said they were going to talk about 2.40 " shortly", its been almost 3 days..

they just released 2.36 give them a week.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think it will be in the next two weeks. Theres really not any miledge to get out of it at E#. Everyone knows about it, it's not like it would be a real huge bombshell of news. If anything Sony would get criticized for holding of till E3. Expect it this upcoming week or the week after.

i hope it comes out on the 26th that would be awsum

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

The 24th is when Im expecting something, atleast more details.

Apparently if you live in the UK the information board talks about the upcoming firmware 2.40

mM