By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will firmware update 2.4 be released?

and what features will the in-game xmb have?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

It will be out soon, check the PS blog for details

ok thanx man do you reakon before the end of the month?

Probably, if not, they will wait for E3 and probably add some extra stuff in

I reckon so, as Sony don't usually announce firmware upgrades for too far in the future. However, don't take my word for it, I know just as much as you.

I have a feeling that 2.4 has been finished for a while now, and Sony just held back to give developers a chance to patch as many games as possible before the release of the firmware.

Around the Network

awsum sounds good

Sony have already stated FW v2.40 is too get a Summer 2008 release.

since 2.36 was just released, I'd think it would be about a month or so before 2.4 is out
I hope I'm wrong

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/17/firmware-v236-coming-soon-v240-to-include-trophies-in-game-xmb/

Spankey said:
since 2.36 was just released, I'd think it would be about a month or so before 2.4 is out
I hope I'm wrong

actually, if precedent (FW 2.17 and 2.00) holds for this one, 2.40 could be out as soon as next week. Though two weeks would be more likely imho. (it'd be great pr going into E3) Still, I can't help but think that there's like no way that Sony would mention 2.40 unless they're going to release it very soon. I mean, this isn't like some random game, this is something that probably 99% of PS3 owners have been clamoring for for almost 18 months. Again, this is just speculation, but I think it makes sense.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it