By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - will this run crysis plz help

im getting this coumpeter and the cpu is a Intel® Core™2 Quad processor Q9300 1333MHz frontside bus, 6MB L2 cache and 2.5GHz processor and the gpu is a 8800gt and i would like to no if the cpu is fast enough so it wont bottleneck the gpu thx for your help

Around the Network

The cpu is fine, but I would get a dual core for now. Quad cores are nice, but they aren't fully supported right now, and I don't believe crysis supports quad cores. If you want to be future proof though go with a quad core.

sc94597 said:

The cpu is fine, but I would get a dual core for now. Quad cores are nice, but they aren't fully supported right now, and I don't believe crysis supports quad cores. If you want to be future proof though go with a quad core.

Agreed, get a Intel Core 2 Duo running at 3.0GHz, it'd beat that quad core in most cases.

Only real reason for a quad core currently is if you do a lot of video editing and image editing.

Game-wise, quad core is not the standard yet, so no games are currently optimized for them.

well the thing is later down the road i might not be able to upgrade because its not mine

Around the Network
ryanq said:
well the thing is later down the road i might not be able to upgrade because its not mine

Well dual cores should be good for about 2+ more years. By then the graphics card will be outdated so it wouldn't matter.

That comp is great.

The difference in games between a Core 2 Duo running at 3.0GHz is minimal compared to a Quad 2.5GHz.

A fast CPU is more felt in your desktop use when you have a lot of programs running in the background. A Quad will be good for that, maybe even better than a Duo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220308

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220306

^ No laptops+gaming=fail.

It will work just fine! I run Crysis with a single core 1.8 GHz CPU!

PC Gamer