By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just bought The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition

You know, the Collector's disc is an amazing collection. Did GC sales actually get any boost when it was the pack-in?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Play Legend of Zelda NES first, then play Adventure of Link next, then get frustrated with Adventure of Link and never touch it again and move onto Ocarina of Time, play it, love it, beat it, play it again ust to make sure you didn't miss anything important and then play Majora's Mask, complain about how much it uses from OoT, but then fall madly in love with it once you realize what a masterpiece it really is.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

jonager said:
why do u make a post saying the games u buy or asking wich one start first...just nosense

why do people with 10 post think they can tell people what to post about?

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

I would say start with either the original Legend of Zelda or Ocarina of Time and then move on to Zelda II or MM. If you want to see the game that started it all go with the original, but if you want to play what is considered one of the best games of all time, go with ocarina. I myself started with Ocarina of Time.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I think i will start with OoT since that is where the timeline starts (besides minish cap)

Around the Network

I'd say start with the original NES Zelda no matter what. It introduces you to the monsters and items, but doesn't really have much in terms of puzzle solving. If you get used to the puzzle solving in OoT, it's going to feel lacking when you go to NES Zelda.

I think it's better to start from the base and work your way up so you get the full enjoyment of each set in the series.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Sicilian. said:
I think i will start with OoT since that is where the timeline starts (besides minish cap)

According to the Angry Videogame Nerd, OoT may not even be the first game in the series.  The Zelda timeline is just a big mess!  They make the shit up as they go along. 

Kenology said:
Sicilian. said:

According to the Angry Videogame Nerd, OoT may not even be the first game in the series.  The Zelda timeline is just a big mess!  They make the shit up as they go along. 

haha really, I really always wanted to get into zelda but i figured it would be confusing as hell to. But i am going to try anyway. After i beat these 4 then i will pick up windwaker and twilight princess. Hopefully i will start to understand it.

Isnt the windwaker link a completly different link?

I would start with OoT and then Majoras mask,
I can't get pass the first dungeon in zelda one

Windwalker & Phantom Hourglass are the same Link (Cartoonish Link). The happenings in TP/OoT are previous to this Link. WW/PH mention the legend passed down through time, and a small boy becomes Link. That's the simplest way to explain it....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709