By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My impressions on Okami for Wii.

@ Lolita, i've actually got one of the wallpapers on my PC now, they are just awesome.

For everyone else who hasn't checked out the website and likes the art, it's well worth a look.

http://www.okami-game.com/

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
Is the PS2 or Wii version better? I don't have PS2, but I will eventually. I'd rather grab Wii because I can play it now, but if its alot worse...

Having played both versions thoroughly, I can say that the Wii version is the only one to play for several reasons.

A. The Wii version is much more vibrant and colorful than the PS2 version.

B. The Wii version can go full 16:9 progressive for HDTV's, you'll have to distort the PS2 version or play with huge black bars.

C. The controls on the Wii version are truely how the game was meant to be played.

Let me explain. With practice, the Wii controls certainly are quicker than the PS2 version. However, that is just the beginning. At the start of the game you will be very poor at drawing with the Wii-mote. Some reviewers who only played the game an hour or two before passing judgement wrote this off to a difficutly control scheme. However, since what you are supposed to be doing in the game is actually painting, it is much more reaslistic and natural feeling.

The Wii version, quite frankly, is how the game was meant to be played. There is no debate, imo. Anyone claiming the PS2 version is better in any way is simply attempting to marginalize the Wii-mote and this games appearance on the console. That or they didn't play it long enough to feel the reward of learning how to control the game with accuracy. It's a AAA game and the Wii version is the definitive version.

This, I assure you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wow i should get the game..Since i finish other games first..Typical.

Some reviews say that you cannot draw straight line in Wii version, too hard. But i read in some post that if you read the instruction manual there is a guide for that...Just push spesific button down..

Is this true..??

It is true. Just hold down z on the nunchuck and then drag your brush for a perfect straight line. Simple.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

i'm only 13 hours into the game and dont have many brush skills yet but there's only the slash that requires a straight line and you just hold the z button for that.

There's one skill i've just obtained where you draw a line from a flower to yourself to get zipped accross to that location as the line comes like a bungee rope - I just cant imagine doing that with a controller cos it's so fast with the Wiimote. The result is zelda like levels where you climb from ground up to a very high fixed point in a series of bungees (gonna call it that) is very fast and very little effort.

Around the Network

Never had a PS2 so, I've already ordered it for the Wii. It should be in my mailbox today, or maybe tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to playing it, the art style looks amazing.

I totally agree with the TC, this game is art.

It came out in Australia on the 12th, I think alot of stores didnt order many copies of it though. Always the way, they will order 100+ copies of shovelware but get 1 or 2 copies of truly great games.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Agreed.

I bought Okami day 1 in Europe not expecting it to live up to the hype, but I have been surprised. I don't feel Okami is better than Zelda: TP, but it is definitely up there as a great adventure game. Considering the great reviews and well known publisher you'd think Okami would have higher sales, but sadly not. All I can say is the same as everyone else, if you like Zelda you will like this.

@ Montana
Of course i'm a nice fellow. Sometime i tend to argue and poke dead things with a stick but i'm really not that much of an arse......right everybody?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Agreed with all of the above. this game truly surprised me for its gorgeous art style, genuinely funny characters and above all originality! Iv'e played tons of adventure games but none of them had that unique zelda feel, okami does it, the whole package is just incredible value for money. Zelda Tp is my favourite wii game so far(what can i say, i'm a sucker for zelda type adventures) and okami is up there with it and coming from me is the highest possible recomendation! 10/10

p.s. and ohhhh that music......:)