By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii SD Max Size

Voltaire said:
Whats a SDHC card? I have a 2 GB SD, but it sounds like the SDHC is better.

SD High Capacity.  It's an extension to the SD standard that allows for much higher capacities.  Its theoretical limit is 2 TB's and its transfer speeds are much greater than standard SD.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Wow, and the wii can handle that? Im guessing its pretty expencive though.

They are just SD cards with a different file format (Fat32 instead of Fat16 - standard SD cards). The costs are associated with flash RAM and that's dropping in price pretty good.

I found a 16 GB SDHC on Newegg for $51.00 which cost $180.00 in March and $350.00 last October when that size launched.

32 and 64 GB are releasing this year.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

fazz said:

I think someone here said he used a SDHC card with Brawl. I think it was BenKenobi88.

It was actually me!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Viper1 said:

They are just SD cards with a different file format (Fat32 instead of Fat16 - standard SD cards). The costs are associated with flash RAM and that's dropping in price pretty good.

I found a 16 GB SDHC on Newegg for $51.00 which cost $180.00 in March and $350.00 last October when that size launched.

32 and 64 GB are releasing this year.

wait, couldn't you just re-format a regular SD card to FAT32 on your PC then?

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:

wait, couldn't you just re-format a regular SD card to FAT32 on your PC then?

Formatting your 2G SD card to Fat32 doesn't magically turn it into 4GB SDHC card.

You could format your 2G SD card to Fat32, but it eats up more space (for header or some crap).