By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long will the increased sales of the ps3 last?

@darthdevidem01,this week sales are going to be high. The ps3 sales beat 360 sales this week by a double margin and the wii by a small margin. However it couldn't beat the ds. This information is already on the america week ending sales on june 14,2008

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

i give it two weeks

I agree with 2 weeks, MGS games are very frontloaded, early adopters abound. Another shipment of 8- gb ps3 bundles will cover the rest of those who intended to get one this week. By July hardware numbers will likely return back to their normal state. We'll see the next major shift with FF in 2009. Most other games will sell well, but not be blockbuster titles like MGS or FF

Honestly, the PS3 will see somewhat elevated sales for the next couple of weeks and then it will see its sales decline below what people have expected as "average" weekly sales because of the lack of highly anticipated sales within the next 6 months, the (typical) summer slowdown, and the effect of the worldwide ecconomic slowdown ...

I'm gonna go with 3 or 4 more weeks, with each weak generally slowing down. Then back to the way it was. Am expecting amazing sale at the release of FFXIII, God of War 3, FFvsXIII, and GT5. With all the other exclusives like Kz2 and R2 to give a nice boost to sales.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

The boost itself wont last many more weeks, but the PS3 will continue to solidly outsell the 360 through the year

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Less than one month.

Wrong forum?

Like a month...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, the PS3 will see somewhat elevated sales for the next couple of weeks and then it will see its sales decline below what people have expected as "average" weekly sales because of the lack of highly anticipated sales within the next 6 months, the (typical) summer slowdown, and the effect of the worldwide ecconomic slowdown ...

i agree with this one.

I think as long as the 80 gig is available, we will see more sales. How much, I don't know, but I think the MGS bundle us going to sell well for a long time.