By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long will the increased sales of the ps3 last?

This week the PS3 did tremendously in sales. Obviously because of the worldwide release of Metal Gear Solid 4. PS3 was able to outsell the wii this week by a small margin. This would be the first time ps3 outsell the wii in the 7th generation. With news of the ps3 going to outsell the 360 in june and july, How long will the increased sales of the ps3 last. In my opinion I believe it will last a month.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

a month sounds about right, then back to average weekly sales

I honestly believe one or two more weeks.

It will last forever. Go the PS3.

very simple

THIS WEEK the sales in NA will go VERY VERY LOW due to no 80GB shipments this week

However NEXT WEEK NA is getting more 80GB shipments...so there will be another BOOST then.

In Japan dunno

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

You should expect from now on NA sales to be much higher then Xbox360 becasue Sony is planing to ship many times more 80gb in coming weeks.

Only this week.

PS3 GTA droped a lot after the first week... same thing will happen with MGS4.

We maY see fluctuations like wii does...

the week 80GB ships..sales go UP....the week they don't ship Sales STAY LOW.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

In the US, it will drop at a pretty good rate next week, in two weeks it will be back to norm if not less than before MGS4. In Japan it will be back to 10-20k in no more than 3 weeks. The 80gigs are gone and while Sony has said it will restock there is no for sure on that if we take into account their past record on 80gigs, it will at the very least take time to do that. Also the Wal-Mart 100 card deal is gone as well. It will be back to norm quite soon.

The PS3's sale trend will continue like this until October. Once Little Big Planet comes out, sales will triple once again and go above the Nintendo Wii. As the highest sales leap the analysts have ever seen, Little Big Planet will be the game to make worldwide PS3 sales reach 100 Million.