By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Resistance 2 gameplay

SnakeEyez said:
starcraft said:
The graphical upgrade certainly isn't what I would have liked, but the gameplay looks top notch.

I certainly like that they have a lot going on on-screen. Tonnes of enemies running towards the player etc...

The game is still a work in progress (its like 5 months till release) and not to mention this is the first gameplay video of Resistance 2 and it already looks on par/better than resistance 1 (not saying that the graphics of resistance 1 are good by today's standards, but it sure does have alot more enemies/things going on with the same graphics)

I'd say it looks exponentially better than resistance 1 but it's by no means a Gears of War. The game shines in its gameplay.

Around the Network

it looks alot better then the first

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

What do you guys think about the new aiming system?

It looks really good.

they have shown NOTHING

expect amazingly massive battle with plenty of "low res" enemies at the same time OR 1 very big one ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I was really sold on this game until the 12th of this month, but after playing MGS4 I feel let down by this game ATM, but ofcourse they still have 4 months left to go and a lot to be revieled. I don't really care about the online stuff to much, all I want is a great campain with an awsome story.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

whoever thinks this game looks the same as resistance 1 is an idiot... this game is either on par or better than call of duty 4... who agrees? (ps watch the trailer in HD, although it looks good in SD it is superb in HD)

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

s-grandi93 said:
whoever thinks this game looks the same as resistance 1 is an idiot... this game is either on par or better than call of duty 4... who agrees? (ps watch the trailer in HD, although it looks good in SD it is superb in HD)

It's kind of hard to compare since the artistic directions are so different. The multiplayer is much less grey and bleak when compared to CoD4. But  I can't really comment on the other aspects.

KBG29 said:
I was really sold on this game until the 12th of this month, but after playing MGS4 I feel let down by this game ATM, but ofcourse they still have 4 months left to go and a lot to be revieled. I don't really care about the online stuff to much, all I want is a great campain with an awsome story.

Why do you feel let down? Please, let me lift your spirits.

s-grandi93 said:

Overall R2 blows CoD4 out of the water.  CoD4 had some really bad textures with very few lighting effects, and really bad looking water.  CoD4 was an okay looking game, with a very fun tactical aracde style online mode.