By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think R* should make a Wii version of GTAIV?

Username2324 said:
Now a game like GTA4 sure wouldn't look too good for the family friendly console now would it?

I hate this argument, it's bs. Fatal Frame 4, Resident Evil 4 etc... all say HELLO..

Wake Up PS3/360 fans. The time for that argument has been and gone.

Building a GTA game from the ground up for the Wii, to utilitize the controls to their max, yes. That would work.

That will never happen though. It would be awesome, yes, but is 99.9% totally out of the question as far as R* are concerned.

Around the Network

Actually, a very small percentage of PS2/Xbox owners bought GTA4 for their system. I'd say that a good amount of the people who bought any of the GTA games on the PS2 have moved on to the PS3 or 360, possibly owning a Wii on the side. While there are mature games on the Wii, not all of them sell well. The Resident Evil games have sold well, but they've pretty much always sold well on Nintendo platforms.

Rockstar/Take Two make hundreds of millions of dollars on Grand Theft Auto 4, and they know just what will sell where.

Hm, maybe a Gta game that is built from the ground up for the wii. GtaIV probably not, but I'm pretty sure a game built for the wii would be good.

Off Topic @ Montana, Lol at the video in your sig.

it would be interestng to see what R* will achieve by making a game that utilizes the sand box formula but without all the sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.....they may create a really goood game, and i`m not saying gta is a bad game.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

This thread will bring a lot of PS3/360 trolls, who will say Wii is only for babies or soccer moms. To all of them: stop whining and get used to it, Wii will see a lot of core games soon, games that you will be secretly praying for to come to your console.

I don't like the franchise personally, in fact I hate it. I wouldn't want a GTA4 on the Wii but I know a lot of people would. It would be nice, but not for me. R* would not make enough money either way. If anything a GTA5, but not GTA4.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

It would be a good idea if Rockstar wants money, but...

To be honest I wouldn't buy it. I don't like GTA ^_^

trestres said:
This thread will bring a lot of PS3/360 trolls, who will say Wii is only for babies or soccer moms. To all of them: stop whining and get used to it, Wii will see a lot of core games soon, games that you will be secretly praying for to come to your console.

I don't like the franchise personally, in fact I hate it. I wouldn't want a GTA4 on the Wii but I know a lot of people would. It would be nice, but not for me. R* would not make enough money either way. If anything a GTA5, but not GTA4.

I don't like GTA either, never have, never will. I just see GTAIV catching up with the PS3/360 userbases and threw out this idea to see what others thought and as a alternative to the problem.

Don't forget that Rockstar/Take Two released Manhunt 2 and Bully: Scholarship edition on the Wii, which were both miserable flops. Now Manhunt 2 was a really bad game and it didn't sell well on any of the platforms, but Bully was a pretty good game and it sold well on the 360 despite both consoles having comparable userbases. And let's not forget Table Tennis, which sold about 100k on the Wii. Now it could be undertracked or missing data, but that's still a heck of a lot less than the 360 version.

Nintendo fans have never had a GTA game on their platforms, and many object to it now as the treacherous captain of HD gaming and especially the last generation. GTA4 has an entire physics system and environment build around an engine that I don't even think the Wii can use. If it can, can the Wii honestly handle the environments in the game? It's pretty big, and it still has lots of freezing and framerate drops. And yes, it could get a giant graphical downgrade, but do you really want that?

Lightning08 said:

With GTAIV not pushing as much consoles as we thought it would, I believe a Wii version is a must if R*/Take-Two want to reach Vice City/San Andreas level sales with GTAIV. The Wii is the hot system right now and I believe is the system that is getting majority of the PS2 userbase. I believe that the PS3/360 systems are simply too expensive and out of the GTA fanbase price range and with gas prices ever rising and forcing general living expenses up with it, money is becoming incresingly tight. I believe a Wii version of GTAIV to be in the best interests of Take Two and GTA.

What are you guys thoughts on this?

Wait wth, how many consoles were you expecting it to push?

trestres said:

They'll be so busy playing all the quality games that Wii owners don't get that I don't think they'll even mind.