By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 FW 2.36 is in the wild

leo-j said:
It doesnt do anything..

They just released it to delay 2.40, really stupid if you ask me(its not like MGO had any problems).

yeah. if they release 2.36 now there's no way they'll put out 2.40 a week later, it wouldn't make sense. Because the 3.36 updates would be included in 2.40 anyway, planning to hold back on 2.40 for another month or so is probably their plan.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

Yeah, sounds like the 2.40 will be delayed, but I hope not.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

im downloading now, 49% and counting

does anyone know any conformation of the release date of 2.4 and what the in-game xmb features will be and if the trophies bulid up a score that everyone can see... please respond

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Just a higher number as firmware notification in the system information screen, nothing more to me.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I'm guessing that 2.36 contains a large amount of changes to PS3's OS. 2.40 was properly build based off the 2.36 build and as such SONY is properly using 2.36 to achieve two things.

1) Find out any problems that 2.36 could create ...
2) Provide a reason to hold back on 2.40 for a week or so.

Oh and does anyone remember the FW update ratchet and clank came with? I believe within a day or two of r&c being released SONY released another update... that basically means 2.40 could be released at any point in time...

yeah but the the r&c update came on disc, and was never available for download.

It doesnt sound worth downloading to me. So there. Eat that Sony. Try and force me to download it....it wont work!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Official UK release notice on the playstation website says:

"System stability during use of some PlayStation format software has been improved."

I've no idea what this riddle means. :?

Hmm, pie.

colonelstubbs said:
It doesnt sound worth downloading to me. So there. Eat that Sony. Try and force me to download it....it wont work!

If you want to play games online, you have to download it as far as I know. Sony pwns colonelstubbs :P

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it