By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! MGS4 & 80GB Ps3 week!

how do you think PS3 is going to best Wii WW?

I'm still betting no.

OT: MGS4 has really bumped PS3 so far. Everyone else looks normal.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Yep, PS3 is going to best the Wii Worldwide for the first time in its history, I suspect.

Is the Wii still supply constrained in the US? I haven't checked in a while. I know it's not as bad as it was in, say, December/January, but I believe you still have to be on your toes to find one.

A year ago if I said Ps3 woud outsell Wii in MGS4 week instead of the GTA 4 week...I would've been called mad!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Bodhesatva said:

Yep, PS3 is going to best the Wii Worldwide for the first time in its history, I suspect.

Is the Wii still supply constrained in the US? I haven't checked in a while. I know it's not as bad as it was in, say, December/January, but I believe you still have to be on your toes to find one.

No thats not true

On topic:

Did lower than I expected.

mM

Seeing how much the Wii has been selling the past weeks, i think it's about time for a little supply drought.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Remember we are in the summer season now when console sales for everyone tend to slow up. Generally the only way to get big numbers in the summer is to have a big game launch like Sony had this week.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
how do you think PS3 is going to best Wii WW?

I'm still betting no.

OT: MGS4 has really bumped PS3 so far. Everyone else looks normal.

Well according to famitsu PS3 sold 77K in Japan last week.....In Japan wii sold 44K last week....so thats a 33K difference & the difference between PS3 n Wii right now this week is 10K

So its a mathematical certainty.

Nice numbers for the PS3 and Wii, wasn't suprised either.

Fernando said:

You guys better enjoy this week, because next week will be again Wii on top.

According to the flyers in Cheap Ass Gamer, Wii will be available in every store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart, Toys R Us, etc...)

Oh stop being a bad sport.

I think it's refreshing to see the PS3 up top for once.

leo-j said:
Bodhesatva said:

No thats not true

On topic:

Did lower than I expected.

Well if they had 3 - 4 times more 80GB's according to retailers they would've still sold out of them....the demand was that high

So in theory SONY missed out on upto 210K sales of 80GB's alone

Great PS3 numbers.
It seems Sony did something right. 80G with a great game. Keep it up.
360 number are ok, it just looks horrible.