By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusives Coming Up For PS3 and 360. ALL LISTED

TheTruthHurts! said:
Though the thread title could have used some rewording, such as system game releases including a section at the bottom for the dual PC/X360/PS3 releases. Listing PC/360 games is acceptable. Sales for games such as Mass Effect and Gears are substantially higher on the X360 in comparison to PC. The ironic thing is that, when you buy a Windows based PC game you are in turn supporting MS, double bonus for the MS machine. The same can be said for Sony's Blu-Ray, PSP, and PS2. My money supports both, so it is good for gaming. I think the reasoning behind the "why dont you just put all the PS2 games on the list" is because less than 20% of the PS3 market is backwards compatible (man Sony needs to fix that).

This thread isnt a sales thread so I can understand the complaints, but games for a specific systems are games for a specific system. If its not on PS3, then the X360 CAN list it regardless of PC release, and vice versa for the PS3. We dont even want to begin fanning the flames if I were to discuss the cost effectiveness of maintaining a PC to constantly play games on X360 and PS3 at the same detail and frame rate year by year, release by release. I wonder if when some people are starting a thread to post, they are thinking "man, I hope I dont start a flame war or get eaten alive" LOL!!

Why bring sales figures to the thread? This isn't about that, especially when you picked 2 games that were released first on Xbox 360, then PC months after. That's like me mentioning Quake Wars, which was released first on PC, then on PS3/360 months after, and the PC version outsold both console versions combined.

Also, PC is more cost effective than any console. For $500 you can build a PC that will make games look better than the Xbox 360 AND being the PC games $10-20 cheaper than 360 games will save you enough money for an upgrade down the road and still leave some in your pocket:

$500 PC

+ $250 Upgrade

+ 30 games $50

= $2250

$350 Xbox 360

+ $250 Xbox Live membership (5 years)

+ 30 games $60

= $2400

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
It`s alway the same, why there always for x360 listed games, FOR WHICH to PLAY you actually don`t need to buy an x360???

exclusive = you need to buy that system, to play the game, otherwise you won`t be able to do it.

As far as they don't come to PS3 I'm happy about them. I don't mind even if some of them goes to Wii - Viva Pinata and B&K3. I have 360 cos I don't want to play on my PC (used mine only for FPS). MS like the idea that all exclusive games does to PC after 1, 2 or 3 years. They give freedom to developers to choose - only xbox or xbox and PC later. They own PC gaming after all. If for you MLB 08: The Show is not PS3 exclusive, for me it is!

If for you MLB 08: The Show is not PS3 exclusive, for me it is!
Same game with Better graphics = exclusive? =))
As far as they don't come to PS3 I'm happy about them.
Why you are happy, when game comes to pc, and not when it comet to ps3? LoL. =))
MS like the idea that all exclusive games does to PC
Then just don`t list them as x360 exclusives. =)
+ Some games come faster, in half a year(mass effect) or at same time(alan wake). =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Garcian Smith said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Chrizum said:
Fable 2 will be a million seller for sure. I'm not so sure about Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet and Twisted Metal becoming a million seller though...

L.O.L.

KZ2: 3 million +

LBP anywhere from 2.5 million to 10 million plus, time will tell if it becomes a cultural phenomenon. Possible.

TM PS3: 2 million +

Fable 2 will be a million seller; you're right about that.

So, you expect Killzone 2 to sell four times what Killzone 1 sold on the PS2, Twisted Metal to sell likely twice of what Twisted Metal Black on the PS2 sold, and LBP to sell to possibly an unprecedented half or more of the PS3 userbase.

Someone's a fanboy.

And besides that, hyped game on the Internet doesn't necessarily = multi-millions in sales. See: Zack & Wiki, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lair.

KZ / KZ2 difference: budget, attention to detail, yes hype, and obvious quality from what we've seen in videos and what websites who have played it have reported about it.  IGN in effect said that KZ2 did the FPS cover system thing better than others attempting it (read Gears).  They also pointed out what is obvious to everyone: the visuals were amazing.  KZ may have been < Halo, but KZ2 really looks > Halo 3.  There, your KZ / KZ2 analogy is disposed of.

TM:B had a smaller install base at launch, right?  PS3s install base will be way bigger once TM PS3 drops.  There, your TMB / TM PS3 analogy is disposed of.

LBP:  Put my prediction in your sig if you are confident it's wrong.  I dare you.  It will sell 1 million in month 1.

NG2 and Z&W had no buzz compared to KZ2 or LBP.  And no one had played Lair to figure out that the controls were wonky.

My sales figures are not set in stone, obviously, but they are way more likely to be correct than these games not selling a million copies like the prediction I responded to. 

Fanboy.

BEST GAMES ARE ON THE PS3. CONFIRMED.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
If for you MLB 08: The Show is not PS3 exclusive, for me it is!
Same game with Better graphics = exclusive? =))
As far as they don't come to PS3 I'm happy about them.
Why you are happy, when game comes to pc, and not when it comet to ps3? LoL. =))
MS like the idea that all exclusive games does to PC
Then just don`t list them as x360 exclusives. =)
+ Some games come faster, in half a year(mass effect) or at same time(alan wake). =]

Then why not you go and play them on your PS3
MLB 08: The Show is PS3/PS2, cos Sony are not stupid. PS2 is not a competitor of PS3. Xbox was created cos MS was afraid that PS is shifting gaming from PC to Sony consoles.

Does it really matter if a game on the 360 is on the PC too?

To me i don't care but alot of people are using it as ammo against the 360 who probably won't even buy those games on the PC anyway.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Garcian Smith said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Chrizum said:
Fable 2 will be a million seller for sure. I'm not so sure about Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet and Twisted Metal becoming a million seller though...

L.O.L.

KZ2: 3 million +

LBP anywhere from 2.5 million to 10 million plus, time will tell if it becomes a cultural phenomenon. Possible.

TM PS3: 2 million +

Fable 2 will be a million seller; you're right about that.

So, you expect Killzone 2 to sell four times what Killzone 1 sold on the PS2, Twisted Metal to sell likely twice of what Twisted Metal Black on the PS2 sold, and LBP to sell to possibly an unprecedented half or more of the PS3 userbase.

Someone's a fanboy.

And besides that, hyped game on the Internet doesn't necessarily = multi-millions in sales. See: Zack & Wiki, Ninja Gaiden 2, Lair.

KZ / KZ2 difference: budget, attention to detail, yes hype, and obvious quality from what we've seen in videos and what websites who have played it have reported about it. IGN in effect said that KZ2 did the FPS cover system thing better than others attempting it (read Gears). They also pointed out what is obvious to everyone: the visuals were amazing. KZ may have been < Halo, but KZ2 really looks > Halo 3. There, your KZ / KZ2 analogy is disposed of.

TM:B had a smaller install base at launch, right? PS3s install base will be way bigger once TM PS3 drops. There, your TMB / TM PS3 analogy is disposed of.

LBP: Put my prediction in your sig if you are confident it's wrong. I dare you. It will sell 1 million in month 1.

NG2 and Z&W had no buzz compared to KZ2 or LBP. And no one had played Lair to figure out that the controls were wonky.

My sales figures are not set in stone, obviously, but they are way more likely to be correct than these games not selling a million copies like the prediction I responded to.

Fanboy.

Actually, many websites have reported that KZ2's gameplay really isn't anything special, that the game feels "last-gen," and that the graphics aren't anything to write home about. Aside from that, KZ1 came out in 2005, when the PS2's userbase was several times what the PS3's will be when KZ2 came out, and the former received just as much hype; in fact, Sony touted it as a "Halo-killer." It only sold 750k.

Twisted Metal Black came out in mid-2001, so perhaps a better comparison would be Twisted Metal 4 for the PS1, released in 1999, when the PS1 had a huge install base. That game sold only about 1.25 million, and that was back when people actually cared about the Twisted Metal franchise.

As for LBP, we'll see, but the fact that it's a cutesy casual game on a hardcore-geared platform, combined with the developer's unproven track record (the only game they've made before was the dismal Rag Doll Kung Fu), has me doubtful, to say the least.

And on a final note: If you're going to sound like a jack-ass, at least try to do so in style, rather than that "hurr I'm right you're wrong" schtick. It just makes you sound like a twelve year old.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Does it really matter if a game on the 360 is on the PC too?

If game which also is on PC DOESN`T listed as exclusive, then yes, it doesn`t matter. =)
x360 don`t have enough REAL exclusives, that it use pc/x360 games? That`s kinda lame.
We talk about games, which would make PEOPLE buy the specific system, to play them.
I played gears on pc. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

shio said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
Though the thread title could have used some rewording, such as system game releases including a section at the bottom for the dual PC/X360/PS3 releases. Listing PC/360 games is acceptable. Sales for games such as Mass Effect and Gears are substantially higher on the X360 in comparison to PC. The ironic thing is that, when you buy a Windows based PC game you are in turn supporting MS, double bonus for the MS machine. The same can be said for Sony's Blu-Ray, PSP, and PS2. My money supports both, so it is good for gaming. I think the reasoning behind the "why dont you just put all the PS2 games on the list" is because less than 20% of the PS3 market is backwards compatible (man Sony needs to fix that).

This thread isnt a sales thread so I can understand the complaints, but games for a specific systems are games for a specific system. If its not on PS3, then the X360 CAN list it regardless of PC release, and vice versa for the PS3. We dont even want to begin fanning the flames if I were to discuss the cost effectiveness of maintaining a PC to constantly play games on X360 and PS3 at the same detail and frame rate year by year, release by release. I wonder if when some people are starting a thread to post, they are thinking "man, I hope I dont start a flame war or get eaten alive" LOL!!

Why bring sales figures to the thread? This isn't about that, especially when you picked 2 games that were released first on Xbox 360, then PC months after. That's like me mentioning Quake Wars, which was released first on PC, then on PS3/360 months after, and the PC version outsold both console versions combined.

Also, PC is more cost effective than any console. For $500 you can build a PC that will make games look better than the Xbox 360 AND being the PC games $10-20 cheaper than 360 games will save you enough money for an upgrade down the road and still leave some in your pocket:

$500 PC

+ $250 Upgrade

+ 30 games $50

= $2250

$350 Xbox 360

+ $250 Xbox Live membership (5 years)

+ 30 games $60

= $2400

On another note, I see this claim tossed around a lot with no real proof. Perhaps someone could price up a PC that can run games better than a 360 for $500 for me, because I just can't see it.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom