By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to announce new BREAK APART PS3 controller at E3?

I prefer the digital pad to be right where it is, honestly. Some games are just plain hard to play with the analog stick.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

^ I agree, I never liked the joystick where the D-pad goes. It was kinda annoying playing games with the D-pad on the GC controller cuz it was soo small.

On topic: Isn't this the whole "transformer" controller where u can change where the D-pad, analog sticks, and button lay out go to match your liking? If it is, that sounds like a great idea but then again bad cuz it all depends on how it is designed and the price

You know, as long as Sony isn't directly ripping of Wiimote. splitting it in 2 can actually be good, my hands get cramp from a few hours of playing because the way the controller is positioned.

I don't think the rumour is true, and unless Sony comes up with creative ways to use it, I won't be buying it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Honestly, it's going to be awesome if this is true for Sony and Microsoft--I can't wait to hear everyone take back the 'waggle' and 'gimmick' comments as if they never said them .

The only game I would want this for is RE5, after playing 4 with the Wii-mote.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

How about some rubber handles for the DS3.I hate sticky controllers. =P

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Honestly, it's going to be awesome if this is true for Sony and Microsoft--I can't wait to hear everyone take back the 'waggle' and 'gimmick' comments as if they never said them .

No, It would still all be a gimmick.

An unrealized dream.  But it is a step in the right direction.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

thekitchensink said:

If Sony and Microsoft both impliment the so called "Instead of pressing A button, you waggle the remote" Control Scheme.

I shall sell my PS3 and quit gaming forever.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Does this surprise anyone? Nintendo shook things up considerably, but it was a one generation impact. Given the success of waggle, we can expect all consoles next gen to have their own waggle, just as all consoles once adopted d-pads, save spots, shoulder buttons, analog sticks, rumble, memory cards, disc-based games, online play and multimedia capability (granted, Nintendo is still working on the last two).

This is why Nintendo can't simply release a Wii2. The competition will copy, and couple waggle with next-gen graphics. Nintendo will HAVE to catch up technologically, or come up with yet another successful revolution - and hope that Sony or MS don't come up with a revolution of their own.

Soriku said:
rocketpig said:
If they're going to try a third controller redesign this generation, one would hope that the third time is the charm and that Sony will wake up and move that bloody left analog up and over where it belongs.

Agreed x 10. That's why the GC controller was my favorite controller last gen. If they moved it up and put the directional thingies down then Sony's controllers would be much better.

I dont agree with that, I thought the gamecube controller was really bad, but thats just my opinion

Soriku said:
rocketpig said:
If they're going to try a third controller redesign this generation, one would hope that the third time is the charm and that Sony will wake up and move that bloody left analog up and over where it belongs.

Agreed x 10. That's why the GC controller was my favorite controller last gen. If they moved it up and put the directional thingies down then Sony's controllers would be much better.

I also agree.

The only thing I didn't like about the GC controller was that there was only 1 triger on one side, and 2 on the other. Not only was it unfair for lefties, Either you had to:

1. Hold the controller unevenly (too uncomfortable)
  2. Keep your index fingers over the R&L buttons and reach up to press the Z button (what I did)
  3. Place your fingers as if there was a second "Z" button (too uncomfortable)

Even today, I like the GC controller over the 360 controller...