By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Ninty release a new Wii Sku for techies?

Of course they won't. They don't need to, wii sales are spectacular. Still alot of ppl think that the wii architecture could produce more. This SKU will be targetd at more extreme gamers who want more storage and voice chat.

I would think an SKU like this would include something like:

At least a 10 GB Hard Drive For more download storage.

An internal DVD drive ( I mean seriously this was promised in 05 and the controller is based off a tv remote.COME ON!)

Video storage and playback(Mp4, Replays from games like Brawl)

An ethernet port.

A Microphone that would accompany a universal update allowing Voice chat online.

3 Free Wiiware downloads.

And a sleek metallic or platinum coating with matching accessories.

A free 512 MB metallic Sd card.

The Sku could or couldnt be bundled with Wii sports and retail between 300-350 dollars.

Of Course I know this will NEVER Happen. Nintendo Profit on every wii sold and want to remain in the low price range. just wanted to see what others would think of a package like this, though it is  nonexistatn.

Around the Network

^^^ actually the thread title is a bit misleading it should be what do ppl think of a wii sku for techies.

Yuk at the metallic coating, it sounds horrible (Komodo has or used to have a shiny silver Wii as an avatar, I find it ugly)

I don't think they'll release another sku, that might confuse some people.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Fewer SKUs and more games please.

Around the Network

Of the above, maybe the DVD drive and video storage/playback would be the most likely and cheapest.

No lets just enjoy the wii first and wait for wii 2.

no. No change in actual hardware until 2011/2012 when a new model is realized.

Multiple SKUs are the biggest gimmick this generation.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Multiple SKUs are BONES! I'm glad Nintendo is being the sensible one here and only releasing one system--if they make a revision, it should replace the old one like the PS2 slim.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."