By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Amazing New Sonic Unleashed (xbox 360) Trailer- game looks AAA!

kingofwale said:
AAA??? Are you kidding me?

Half of the time it looks more like the game is playing you. the camera definitely is not helping at something that moves that fast.

Exactly why most (if not all) 3D Sonic game failed.

I agree. I don't see how engaging gameplay is possible with that much speed.

Now I see why I thought the geometry of the building models was possible on a Wii. It's because the environments are enourmous. There are so many buildings on screen at once that they have to keep them simple or drop frames (especially bad in an extremely fast-paced game), even on an HD console. They'd have to be very simple models to fit all that on a Wii screen.

You know, in the original Genesis games which everyone remembers so fondly, Sonic wasn't breaking the sound barrier all the time. Perhaps Team Sonic is barking up the wrong tree here.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I'm put off by the trailer. It seems like the game is playing by itself.

Hype -1.

The trailer is probably pre-detrmined CPU path which would explain why it looks like the game is playing itself. But it does have nice graphics, we'll see how they translate the game mechanics into 3D this time around....

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who knows anything about this game......oh yes because there is something called research before making retarded comments.

it does look good,i hope it will become good like the older sonics

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Ratix240sx said:
Why do I feel like I'm the only one who knows anything about this game......oh yes because there is something called research before making retarded comments.

So why don't you educate us?

.:Dark Prince:. said:
I'm put off by the trailer. It seems like the game is playing by itself.

Hype -1.

I think the same, looks good but the gameplay didnt.

I think it looked good, anyone else see Tails in there?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

So...basically you just sit there with the controller in your hands and watch all the pretty colours go by?

No thanks.

For people saying the game is playing itself, look at the premiere trailer. That shows off alot of these "playing itslef" sections, but it also shows actaul gameplay parts, sonic jumping from platform to platform and bouncing off levers and stuff.
When the game was first revealed, the screnshot that went with it showed a part where sonic was plodding along... and lets not forget there will be werewolf stages (which will be slower and could be cool, but I admit they will most porbably be terrible)