By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Top 5 video game Girls and Guys of action.

I never knew Arthas' last name :O live and learn.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I think it's just because Nintendo keeps hammering us with these franchises that they are just the ones we know the best and therefore are awesome.

Who's the ultimate female badass? Samus, this thread shows that (what, a 30 point lead over everybody else).
Who's the ultimate gaming hero? Link.
Who do we think of when we think video games? Mario.

I don't think it's so much because we're all Nintendo dorks, it's just those characters have become icons for gaming.

twesterm said:
I think it's just because Nintendo keeps hammering us with these franchises that they are just the ones we know the best and therefore are awesome.

Who's the ultimate female badass? Samus, this thread shows that (what, a 30 point lead over everybody else).
Who's the ultimate gaming hero? Link.
Who do we think of when we think video games? Mario.

I don't think it's so much because we're all Nintendo dorks, it's just those characters have become icons for gaming.

Agree with the Mario thing the other two are opinions that differ from person to person.

Samus and Kerrigan do seem to be on their own plateau of awesome though. Let's have an update to bump the thread. Well Samus seems to dominating not only the girls in points but the guys as well. I guess while the men are measuring in inches, she's measuring in arm cannon ammo. Link managed to tople Snake only to be shoved back in his place once more and the top 5 remains virtually unaffected. Again, no love for Dante, Voldo, Marcus Fenix and Cloud. On a side note I think we need people voting for more "nummilicious" boys instead of these mean grizzly characters.

Our Current Top Contendors:

Samus Aran (Metroid)                          Snake (Metal Gear Solid)

Chun-Li (Street Fighter II)                        Link (Legend of Zelda)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)                         Kratos (God of War)

Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)                      Master Chief (Halo)

Kerrigan (Starcraft)                           Gordon Freeman (Half Life 2)

Laura Croft (Tomb Raider)                   Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)

Alyx Vance (Half Life 2)                     Arthas Menethil (Warcraft)

Isabelle "Ivy" Valentine (Soul Calibur)                 Ryu (Street Fighter II)

Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)                     Auron (Final Fantasy X)

Eva (Metal Gear Solid)                            Jim Raynor (Starcraft)

Tanya Adams (Command & Conquer)        Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)

BenKenobi88 said:
Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks Samus is bad-ass at least.
I'm mad people kicked Gordon Freeman so fast in this forum...there are clearly too many Nintendo fans.

In an effort to keep this thread alive and have a little fun, you'll be happy to know that Samus and Gordon were the top two in the game I was playing on the other forums.  It even ended after only 11 pages.  The last page was pretty much a brutal little battle between Samus and Gordon, especailly since we did +1. -2 for the last two characters.

Winner: Samus Aran

Eliminated
1st - Master Chief
2nd - Kratos
3rd - Mega Man
4th - Ryu Hayabusa
5th - Marcus Fenix (TIE)
5th - Jet Set Willy (TIE)
7th - Solid Snake
8th - Kefka
9th - Ulala
10th - Chocobo
11th - Prince of Persia
12th - Lara Croft
13th - Master Higgins
14th - Albert Wesker
15th - Parappa
16th - Tifa Lockheart
17th - Chun Li
18th - Phoenix Wright
19th - Celes
20th - Simon Belmont
21st - Kerrigan
22nd - Mario
23rd - Link
24th - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network

yeah... if I had been paying attention to what the elimination threads were I would have known better than to try and create a thread like this. My prediction for the evolution of the elimination thread:

1. Elimination Game
2. Elimination Game with Games
3. Elimination Game with Consoles
4. Elimination Game with Developers
5. Elimination Game with Generations
6. Elimination Game with Forum Members
7. Elimination Game with Moderators
8. Elimination Game with Monotheistic Religions
etc.

elimination game with moderators??

*runs and ducks*

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Gballzack said:
yeah... if I had been paying attention to what the elimination threads were I would have known better than to try and create a thread like this. My prediction for the evolution of the elimination thread:

1. Elimination Game
2. Elimination Game with Games
3. Elimination Game with Consoles
4. Elimination Game with Developers
5. Elimination Game with Generations
6. Elimination Game with Forum Members
7. Elimination Game with Moderators
8. Elimination Game with Monotheistic Religions
etc.

You miss one:

"... with women"

And the "Moderators Elimination Game" will be more like a High School popularity contest.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Yeah you have a lot fans apparently Gballzack, you were added to the list in the Elimination Women thread.

Side Note: I can't believe Akuma got no love. I mean the guy killed his master, his brother, and goes around killing the worlds best fighters in hand to hand combat.

Darc Requiem said:

Side Note: I can't believe Akuma got no love. I mean the guy killed his master, his brother, and goes around killing the worlds best fighters in hand to hand combat.

That is indeed commendable...