By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Sega?

kingofwale said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Why would Sega do that?!... They are actually getting along with Nintendo really well right now!

They even have games which feature Mario in it, games that sell 4million+ units on Wii!

Why, on earth, would they ever let themselves be bought by Microsoft?!... Heck, even Sonic is in SSB:Brawl...

You can feature Mario in any game and it will sell 4 million copies.

but if you look at the CORE gameplay of that game, it's poor at best. without Mario's appearance, the game wouldn't sell 2 million copies

Ever heard of Sonic Rush, Sonic and the Secret Rings? Sold good without Mario.

Microsoft buying Sega would be horrible, check the Dreamcast.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
kingofwale said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Why would Sega do that?!... They are actually getting along with Nintendo really well right now!

They even have games which feature Mario in it, games that sell 4million+ units on Wii!

Why, on earth, would they ever let themselves be bought by Microsoft?!... Heck, even Sonic is in SSB:Brawl...

You can feature Mario in any game and it will sell 4 million copies.

but if you look at the CORE gameplay of that game, it's poor at best. without Mario's appearance, the game wouldn't sell 2 million copies

Ever heard of Sonic Rush, Sonic and the Secret Rings? Sold good without Mario.

Microsoft buying Sega would be horrible, check the Dreamcast.

Yeah, Dreamcast is Sega at their worst. Not a single good game on that system.

/end sarcasm

you can have Sega and their dying franchise, sonic the hedgehog.

I got it, the desperate move to take over japan is they are buying sega and putting all the DC games on XBL to download :P
how about that ??? :P

and the next XBox name will the DreamBox :P

We've got it all sorted out now.....

TheSource said:

Sega can make a hell of a lot of money supporting all platforms though...

It had million sellers on PS2, GC, and Xbox last gen. It has million sellers on DS, Wii, and will eventually have some on PS3 & 360. If they went 360 exclusive, I feel like Sega would actually be worth less as a company than it is now, but it would definitely help 360 and X720 especially.

Like what?

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
TheSource said:

Sega can make a hell of a lot of money supporting all platforms though...

It had million sellers on PS2, GC, and Xbox last gen. It has million sellers on DS, Wii, and will eventually have some on PS3 & 360. If they went 360 exclusive, I feel like Sega would actually be worth less as a company than it is now, but it would definitely help 360 and X720 especially.

Like what?

He said they WILL EVENTUALLY, not DO.

this would help xbox in japan without a doubt. A new Shenmue would sell in Japan by the bucket load. And Shenmue would absolutely put 360 hardware sales there to over 40,000 when launched.

11ht11 said:

if this happens, i expect this

WIN!!!

But also probably true.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They fit perfectly together:
Sega can't make games, and MS can't make consoles. A perfect lose-lose!

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

that would be a good move if microsoft bought sega

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"