By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to buy Sega?

I hope its not true, haven't Sega already suffered enough?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
It would help Microsoft, yes. But if Microsft bought Sega and put all their old games on Xbox live arcade, I'd be really pissed, since i JUST bought a Sega Saturn :(
On the whole I think Sega was sorta the violent rebel company, with rebelious Sonic to appeal to kids. I think it would be better if Nintendo somehow bought the Sonic franchise and Sonic team and Microsoft got the rest. But I don't see how that would ever happen.
Buying Sega would really beef up Micrsoft's 1st party. I think that if they bought SE as well, they would be able to come in a strong 2nd in the console war. They could cancel Dragon Quest 9 for DS and put it on the 360 lol

They tried in the last generation.  They got pwnt.

SEGA just recently said that they would never be bought, and anyway, the company they'd gel with the most is Nintendo. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

What nonsense. Microsoft will never buy Sega!

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

Wow this is major, it kinda makes sense because didn't Microsoft Yahoo take over fail?

I don't know if i want this to happen or not.

Microsoft buy Nintendo for Motion sensing and Non-Motion Sensing, HD and SD, Hardcore & Casual, Corner & Monopolize.........

**RRoD & Shovelware**

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

I double it is true. This might help in Japan, but not much elsewhere.

MS does need to develop a top notch first party studio and start making their own 1st party franchises, instead of just buying exclusivity on other people's titles.

I don't think it would be a good move for MS. Sega does not have a meaningful presence in Japan anymore (however rebranding the 360 to a Sega 360 couldn't hurt) nor will Sega games bring many new buyers to the 360 as Sega games have in general sucked for some time.

I'd much rather see Nintendo buy them out as Sega's franchises would largely sell better on Wii anyway and Nintendo would really up the quality coming from them.

On second thought, SEGA exclusives would help MS in a meaningful way in Europe. Possibly enough to take it back from Sony.

MS should buy a large stake in Sega to get advantages... such as all HD games to 360 on time exclusive status (thinking of valkiry chronicles or others).
This would let sega free to continue developping other games on Wii and DS, so as to keep profitable.

Then the next console can be fully suported by sega, or even build by Sega for MS.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I would imagine that if this were to be tried, there might be a bidding war.

Don't you think another console maker might want to make a bid. One that is making profits.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mike - MS has been profitable with the 360 the past 9 month.. :)

Either way, again....I'd love this if MS forced Sega to give a rats behind about their bread & butter series like Phantasy Star (PSV!) and Shining Force

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.