By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Chart-Track: MGS4 had "minimal" impact on UK PS3 sales

While I won't waste much of my time reading through this thread, which I'm sure is full of gloaters, and damage control artists, I would like to say this:

This pretty much destroys Leo-J and Crazzy's damage control myth, and I'd like to hear their opinions on it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

In before chart-track undertracks the ps3.

edit: HD consoles demand answers only to price! so far the only software which had a noticeable effect was Halo 3 and it required a huge ad campaign.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

bardicverse said:
SamuelRSmith said:
@eliasg, although you are correct. This article was talking about the whole of the UK, not just Great Britain. ;) (sorry, one of my pet peeves)

Wait, Im confused. I always thought that Great Britain and the UK were one and the same? Or is Great Britain the mainland, and the UK the addition of Northern Ireland? Being honest, don't tear me a new one ;)

Yes you are exactly right.  Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales.  UK is those three plus Northern Ireland.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

UK Sales - Wii well ahead, PS360 weekly neck and neck, 360 has 1m lead, partly due to earlier release and partly due to the popularity of games like Gears of War and GTA:4 (i know people who bought 360s for each game)
Total LTD:
Wii - 3,159,933
360 - 2,342,992
PS3 - 1,350,089
Last Week:
Wii - 42,860
360 - 22,449
PS3 - 23,256

Well a lot of my friends are holding off buying a PS3, MGS4 and GTA4 until our exams are over. My exams finished today, and afterwards I went straight into town and bought MGS4. Two of my friends went into town and bought a PS3, GTA4 and MGS4 today, straight after their last exam.