By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Chart-Track: MGS4 had "minimal" impact on UK PS3 sales

@Munkeh - David Reeves explicity stated that the gun metal grey bundle would be coming to Europe on that Playstation day. But I never saw it advertised or in the wild.

Around the Network

I have defintely not seen any MGS bundles in the UK, I just checcked play, amazon and game and there is nothing

also, we have had no definitive numbers for any of the bundles other than that 70k figure (though I am not sure which bundle that is) and 100k for the coloured PS3s in Japan

According to this there is a bundle, but I think it is only for mainland Europe, and there is no gunmetal in UK

@Munkeh, perhaps they intended to, but something went wrong. Because I remember Dave (that's right, we're on first name terms) saying it in the presentation. You can download the presentation from the PS:Store.

Slimebeast said:

DOATS1

Sorry. But dont be so sensitive.

i'm not being 'sensitive'. but you need to stop generalising sony fans into one single opinion.

Around the Network

Well, one of my friends got a PS3 for MGS4. But he got his PS3 about 4 months ago.

I don't know, but this again states otherwise

Samuel - I was pretty sure that northern ireland became part of the UK around the 1920s? Prior to that, Britain had full rule over Ireland since the time of Cromwell in the mid 1600s. In 1924 or so, Britain gave the Irish independence, save all for 4 Protestant counties which swore loyalty to the crown, which became Northern Ireland (and thus formed the bloodshed between NI and Ireland until just recently)

bardicverse said:
Samuel - I was pretty sure that northern ireland became part of the UK around the 1920s? Prior to that, Britain had full rule over Ireland since the time of Cromwell in the mid 1600s. In 1924 or so, Britain gave the Irish independence, save all for 4 Protestant counties which swore loyalty to the crown, which became Northern Ireland (and thus formed the bloodshed between NI and Ireland until just recently)

great britain is england, wales and scotland ONLY. UK is all of that plus all the other british isles and northern ireland.

@bardicverse: Just checked Wikipedia:

The Treaty of Union, agreed on July 22nd, 1706,[12] and put into effect by the Acts of Union passed by the Parliaments of England and Scotland in 1707, created a political union in the form of a united Kingdom of Great Britain.[13] Almost a century later, the Act of Union 1800 united the Kingdom of Ireland with the Kingdom of Great Britain.[14] Prior to 1707, England and Scotland had existed as separate sovereign and independent states with their own monarchs and political structures from the 9th century. Though the Scottish King, James VI, became King of England as well in 1603, creating a personal union between the kingdoms, the countries had remained separate. On the other hand, the once independent Principality of Wales had fallen under the control of English monarchs from the Statute of Rhuddlan in 1284 and thereafter annexed to England under the Laws in Wales Acts of 1535 and 1542. Ireland had also been brought under English control between 1541 and 1691, but only joined to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland in 1801.