By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu MGS4 sales

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215919_1124.html

Enterbrain numbers for June 12 to June 15 (4 days): 476,334

That number includes the regular edition, special edition, premium pack and the welcome box bundles. It is now the best selling PS3 game in Japan.

For reference, the first day numbers from Enterbrain not counting bundles was 300k (170k SE, 130k Regular). Everyone who posted predictions can now match how close you were.

PS3 hardware for the week is 77,208 (Enterbrain numbers from the article as well).

Around the Network

77000 PS3's in one week?wow
let's hope it stays above 15 thousand for the rest of the year,,but I m happy with MGS4 performance;)

Huge PS3 number, and good MGS4 number.

Lol Nice 670% hardware boost.
Of course it's easier to boost it by so much when you start so low...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Something feels wrong here, Famitsu usually release on wednesdays. Is this someting special?

Around the Network

Thats great especially on the hardware but i think it will down pretty quick but hopefully its stays between 15k and 20k.

SpartanFX said:
77000 PS3's in one week?wow
let's hope it stays above 15 thousand for the rest of the year,,but I m happy with MGS4 performance;)

MGS4 won't do that.  Now, if something like FFXIII or WKC was releasing later in the year, you might see some better sustained sales.  Japan needs a really good JRPG along with a big title like MGS4 to keep people interested, imo.

Sadly, those games won't be out until '09.  Well, I suppose WKC could make it out in Japan alone aroudn the end of they year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If a game like MGS4 can boost hardware like that in Japan just imagine FFXIII.

Pretty rubbish hardware boost for a niche title

So it sold more software than in others?