By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu MGS4 sales

Yojimbo said:
If a game like MGS4 can boost hardware like that in Japan just imagine FFXIII.

I think over 200k if it launches with a PS3 slimline at the same time.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

So good for the Ps3 selling "15k ,20K max" this week.

Now if only Sony took notice of this.Sony ,listen;keep the fucking 80GB BC machine in Japan !!!

Munkeh111 said:
So it sold more software than in others?

Yeah thats REALLY bugging me right now.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i hope mgs4 do 1 million there

darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

This game is more popular than I thought, in Japan, but less popular that I thought in Others.

Either way, I do see sustained hardware increases for at least two weeks following this game, if not a month. It won't settle back below 15k for at least two weeks, if then. Also, looks like the 80gb restock talking point wasn't entirely rubbish afterall, lol.

Is this all from MGS4 or is it a "perfect storm" of the bundle, the 80gb, the Backwards Compatibility, and MGS4 software release combined?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

This game is more popular than I thought, in Japan, but less popular that I thought in Others.

Either way, I do see sustained hardware increases for at least two weeks following this game, if not a month. It won't settle back below 15k for at least two weeks, if then. Also, looks like the 80gb restock talking point wasn't entirely rubbish afterall, lol.

Is this all from MGS4 or is it a "perfect storm" of the bundle, the 80gb, the Backwards Compatibility, and MGS4 software release combined?

Japan/Others did not get 80GB, so all this is only MGS4.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Sadly...only America had the luxury of getting a 80GB....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

But the "others" fall in line with previous titles. MGS titles are not as front loaded in Europe as they are in Japan. MGS4 will do just fine in Europe, Europe did buy the most copies of both MGS2 and MGS3 in the end and I doubt it will be any different with MGS4 when all is said and done.

darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1328 MGS3

Week1

Japan - .49

NA - .18

Others - .41

Total sales

Japan - .86

NA - 1.42

Others - 1.7

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6970 MGS4

Week1

Japan - .48

Others - .43 (without Spain)

NA - ??? .50???

Excellent sales in Japan, both in terms of hardware and software. Sony will dominate both the hardware charts (PS3 #1, PSP #2) and software charts (MGS4 may be bigger than the top 2-5 put together).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">