By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Channel goes stat-crazy - hours played, VC sales, hardcore %, more

Why wouldn't the VC/WW sales be total? They know that information. And they only list it for the VC/WW games, not the retail ones.

Around the Network

@DKII: Possibly due to privacy concerns. Those numbers are definitely not the totals.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Ok here's the data available:

Dr Mario:

Time Spent Playing/Times Played
Total: 64,681 Hr / 49,512 Times
Per person: 4 Hr 56 Min / 3.78 Times

Divide either total number by the per person number to get what this article is calling "registered sales". So it looks like it's just the number of people who sent data to Nintendo for these stats.

Not that we can't possibly extract something from that. ;)

That is very cool feature..
The Nintendo channel just leveled in my list for very interesting channel

98% of ppl play brawl with friends.

those 2% must be the loniest ppl in the world.

Around the Network
DKII said:
Ok here's the data available:

Dr Mario:

Time Spent Playing/Times Played
Total: 64,681 Hr / 49,512 Times
Per person: 4 Hr 56 Min / 3.78 Times

Divide either total number by the per person number to get what this article is calling "registered sales". So it looks like it's just the number of people who sent data to Nintendo for these stats.

Not that we can't possibly extract something from that. ;)

That sounds difficult if you are talking about reliable sales figures. We have no idea about the different percentage of people who are online in America, nor how many of those would use the VC.

I am sure we can gather stuff like; Sonic 1 has sold approx double Sonic 3 though.

Perhaps if we were given a single actual sales figure (for America) of one of those games, we could use it as a basis to figure out the other games, but with only those I don't see what you could get

This is really cool. I gotta check this out soon.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Aweseome :D.

Wii Sports features an average of 33 hours of play. Not bad.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Aweseome :D.

Wii Sports features an average of 33 hours of play. Not bad.

I have played it three times that amount... hardcorz confermd!!

superchunk said:
kirby007 said:
how do they determine hardcore/casual?

Probably based on how often they actually play thier Wii.

OT: lovely stats, just lovely.

It's determined when you rate a game in the Nintendo Channel. Some jackasses are actually saying Mario Galaxy is casual? Really? Who is really that stupid? Fun stats, though. I was looking through them yesterday on the Nintendo Channel. I was surprised how many people think Excite Truck is just for casuals. That game is hard towards the end.