By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Channel goes stat-crazy - hours played, VC sales, hardcore %, more

Does this allow you to view your own statistics on how much time you have personally spent on each game, etc.? Or is it just a collective list?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Nice stats...got to check out the Nintendo Channel

Mario Party 8

90% anyone 10% gamers
91% casual 9% hardcore
3% alone 97% friends

I wonder who plays this alone???

Remember, they'll only count a maximum of 6 hours of one game per day, so if you beat Twilight Princess in a single 48 hour binge, it will count as 2 plays of the game, and 12 hours total. So these are approximations, but damn good ones.

Also, they're limited to the sample of people that cares enough to rate their games as casual/hardcore or lonely/friendly on the Nintendo Channel.

But it's still a flood of crazy data, and it will only get bigger and more accurate now that people know about it and might be interested in rating their games.

That'll offset people like me who leave the game paused for a week before coming back to it. :)

Around the Network

I suppose this feature is not yet available in Europe, right? I can´t find any stats in my Nintendo channel.

DKII said:
That'll offset people like me who leave the game paused for a week before coming back to it. :)

I noticed Hotel Dusk for the DS would count time in sleepmode as playtime, so I ended up with over a hundred hours on that game, since I'd always plug it in and close it when I got tired.

I submitted some stats (Australia), but haven't seen any available for viewing (yet).

Also - I *think* those sales stats are ONLY for people who have sent in MyChannel stats. They all seem extremely low - I can't believe only 70k sales (even if US only) for OoT.

We'll see if the numbers change significantly over the coming weeks (as more people send in MyNintendo stats)?

PS - finally had the Ninja Gaiden DS demo available. Its a pretty amazing game, but boy does my hand get sore after a couple of goes. Haven't beaten the demo on hard yet - have to try again.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I have been waiting for this, I checked it only 6 hours ago.... Now I will check again (hopes this includes Europe)

Edit. damn @okr... I guess we have to wait.

@Rubang. first day I got TP I played for 16 hours, then 12 then 8 for subsequent days.
Also I played it with a friend too, although I didn't put that when I rated it.

I think most people who got TP at launch played with friends, because it had the "ZOMG NEW ZELDA" effect, so everybody wanted to watch.

But you actually LIED to the Nintendo Channel? You're killing the honor system for everybody. Now Nintendo will have to send their gestapo door to door to actually monitor our gaming habits.