By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit (New Info)

Interview: High Voltage devs discuss The Conduit

Having already secured some nice exclusive screenshots from High Voltage's The Conduit, our friends at Nintendo Wii Fanboy also managed an interview with the developers to talk about the upcoming Wii first-person shooter. A broad range of topics were discussed, so in the interest of keeping your attention, we'll use a bullet-point list:

• Developers "stole shamelessly from mega-hits" to get the best features from each one. Games cited include Halo, Half-Life, Resistance, Metroid Prime and Goldeneye.
  • The control scheme is fully mappable, and the look sensitivity can be adjusted in-game.
  • Speaking of controls, The Conduit will support Wii remote and nunchuk only. Sorry, no classic or GCN controller compatibility.
  • While the developers would love 60 frames per second, they are shooting for "a steady 30 fps."
  • They avoided addressing the rumor about Nintendo self-publishing. Said Creative Director Matt Corso, "All I will say is that thanks to the explosion of interest in this title, we've had a lot of publishers knocking on our door."

Check out the full interview here. What we're dying to know is if the developer will make an in-game allusion to their previous "classic" Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Linky: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/16/interview-high-voltage-devs-discuss-the-conduit/

I get more and more excited about this game as the info comes.  Can't wait

Around the Network

Man Nintendo needs to tack this game on. Chance for heavy profit. Not to mention if they tack this on and prove that this kind of game can have huge sales, then games like it will flow in.

It needs to have an awesome multiplayer...that's what will save this game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This could be what many were hoping Metroid Prime 3 would be and I think it'll be fantastic! Will definately give it a try if given the chance!

even in Poland this game is getting a lot of hype, which imo bodes very well for the game ww. Sue me but somehow this has become a rule for moi.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

it will be good but not great i'm afraid
hype is already bigger then the game ever will be

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Out of curiosity, will this game feature Local multiplayer? I know about the online, but I haven't seen or read anything about local... Anybody?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
__XBrawlX__ said:
Out of curiosity, will this game feature Local multiplayer? I know about the online, but I haven't seen or read anything about local... Anybody?

There's been no mention of local.  Probably they couldn't pull it off and maintain 30 FPS is single-play is only 30 FPS to begin with.

I don't like how they said "shooting for 30fps". I thought it was previously known that 30fps was guaranteed and 60 was the one they were shooting for.

I hope Nintendo doesn't publish this game beacuse if they do the usual PS360 fanboys will say the following thing.

"only firstparty games sells on the Wii"

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints