By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales will slow down

Marty8370 said:
Wii sales have been slowing down for weeks now, just like DS sales.

Oh really? Take a look at this graph, troll.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39446&end=39607

By slowing down you mean going from 350k to 680k? And then dropping to 370k to rise again to 500k?

Eat that, swallow it slowly.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

well i think the Wii is going to run out of steam sooner than all of you think

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:
HappySqurriel said:

You do realize that the spike which caused the PS2 to gain 400,000 units in Japan was the release of a big game (Gran Turismo 3 I believe)? Since that spike the Wii is trending at the same rate as the PS2 even though it has been several months since the release of a Major Wii game in Japan.

The fact of the matter is you have no evidence to support the claim that the Wii can't outsell the PS2 being that it has sold 10% more at the same point in its life ...

The Wii got SSBB X and Mario Kart Wii in Japan this year, I would think those qualify as big games too....

Which part of " ... even though it has been several months since the release of a Major Wii " do you not understand?

Mario Kart Wii was release 10 weeks (or roughly 2.5 months) ago, and Super Smash Bros Brawl was released 20 weeks (or roughly 5 months) ago. It is one thing to argue that the Wii has demonstrated a slow down in Japan recently (probably due to lack of high profile software), it is another (much more biased) thing to argue that the Wii will sell less than the PS2 even though it is still trending higher than the PS2 durring a software drought.

Those games didn't spike sales like crazy when they were released.

What game do you expect will spike them ?

Besides I was comparing the first 6 months of the year, you pointed out the PS2 had a spike due to a big game release in that period, I pointed out the Wii did have huge releases during the same period. Not my fault they didn't spike sales, and if they didn't, what will ?

What's the secret Wii software bigger than Wii Fit, SSB X, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy that will suddenly spike Wii sales like mad in Japan ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

obieslut said:
@DKHustlin

thats what i was saying but i was just expressing that i wish the sturation point of the Wii was lower than that of say PS3 for example

fixed.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ail said:
HappySqurriel said:

Which part of " ... even though it has been several months since the release of a Major Wii " do you not understand?

Mario Kart Wii was release 10 weeks (or roughly 2.5 months) ago, and Super Smash Bros Brawl was released 20 weeks (or roughly 5 months) ago. It is one thing to argue that the Wii has demonstrated a slow down in Japan recently (probably due to lack of high profile software), it is another (much more biased) thing to argue that the Wii will sell less than the PS2 even though it is still trending higher than the PS2 durring a software drought.

Besides I was comparing the first 6 months of the year, you pointed out the PS2 had a spike due to a big game release in that period, I pointed out the Wii did have huge releases during the same period. Not may fault they didn't spike sales, and if they didn't, what will ?

What's the secret Wii software bigger than Wii Fit, SSB X, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy that will suddenly spike Wii sales like mad in Japan ?

Where did I say the Wii would see a spike?

What you're unwilling to accept is that there are several reasons why the PS2 saw a spike, one being the release of "big" software, and another being that the PS2 is 3 months ahead in the year over the Wii which means it has passed the slow summer season while the Wii is in the middle of it.

I just want you to actually justify the claim that the Wii can't outsell the PS2 when it currently is outselling the PS2 at the same point in its life. The only reason you have is that you don't like the Wii ...

Around the Network

Slow down, lol.

It's going to speed up. Further, the Wii will be the first console to sell 250+ million units.

Mark, and remember.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

trestres said:
obieslut said:
@DKHustlin

thats what i was saying but i was just expressing that i wish the sturation point of the Wii was lower than that of say PS3 for example

fixed.

oh come on, 

Let me guess you are one of those that think the Wii is going to sell like 250mil world wide, meh. full of coblers if you ask me, but anyway back on topic

but seriously though i really do think the Wii and its graphics are going to be way to out dataed for it to be popular in 2010. 

I hope Wii sales slow down very soon.

Maybe I will finally get my copy of Mario Kart!!! (waiting since april 10th)

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

Also, Wii seems to be the only console in japan that matters anymore, aside from PS2.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:
HappySqurriel said:

Besides I was comparing the first 6 months of the year, you pointed out the PS2 had a spike due to a big game release in that period, I pointed out the Wii did have huge releases during the same period. Not may fault they didn't spike sales, and if they didn't, what will ?

Where did I say the Wii would see a spike?

What you're unwilling to accept is that there are several reasons why the PS2 saw a spike, one being the release of "big" software, and another being that the PS2 is 3 months ahead in the year over the Wii which means it has passed the slow summer season while the Wii is in the middle of it.

I just want you to actually justify the claim that the Wii can't outsell the PS2 when it currently is outselling the PS2 at the same point in its life. The only reason you have is that you don't like the Wii ...

Where did I mention slow summer sales ?

I compared January 5th ->June 8th PS2 2002 sales

to January 5th -> June 7th Wii 2008 sales.

PS2 sold 500k more units during the same period.

Granted the PS2 had been out for 6 months more at the time still the PS2 was starting to pick up speed at the time.

And things are only to get worse for that year over year comparison, not sure why but during summer 2002 PS2 weekly sales were around 90-100k a week ( was it FF X release ? I forget).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !