By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New feature in the Nintendo Channel.

You can recommend games as well as check other games players liked, etc. I noticed though it doesn't have all games listed such as RE4, RE:UC, Manhunt 2 and plenty more. Anyone else notice this and have this problem?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

It's only Nintendo games that they do it for.

Former something....

I thought it's always had that feature? And no, not all games are listed, although there are a lot of third-party games there.

Maybe it was always there but I just got the message today on the Wii. I only took the Wii online for the first time a month and a half ago. I do know there are many 3rd party games on it. I think in total, they listed 435 Wii, VC, WiiWare, DS games.

I think it's freakin' lame that we can't rate really good games. I really want to recommend the crap out of RE:UC, No More Heroes, and to an extent, Manhunt 2. But noooooooooo....

Good thing Carnival Games ended up being played on my Wii. I was able to bash the crap out of that one. I did the "absolutely do not recommend" deal on that one.

Where do we view the list of games and their average recommended scores? I haven't seen that yet. Or is that the new thing?

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:
I think it's freakin' lame that we can't rate really good games. I really want to recommend the crap out of RE:UC, No More Heroes, and to an extent, Manhunt 2. But noooooooooo....

Good thing Carnival Games ended up being played on my Wii. I was able to bash the crap out of that one. I did the "absolutely do not recommend" deal on that one.

Where do we view the list of games and their average recommended scores? I haven't seen that yet. Or is that the new thing?

Didn't Carnival Games sell well though?

tehsage said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Didn't Carnival Games sell well though?

It had a strong television ad campaign that worked in it's favor.  The game still sucked major nutsack, though.  And my Mom bought it for her Wii and brought it over to my place where my wife, my 4-year old son, and I all hated it.  Since I had the opportunity to degrade it in the Nintendo Channel, I went for it.  Also, I'm recommending a lot of "Hardcore" stuff that I played and downloaded.  I really don't get why we can't rate No More Heroes or RE:UC or Manhunt 2.  That's so stupid.

Resident_Hazard said:

Now that I think about it, viewing others' recommendations may be the new thing. Just go to where you normally recommended the games, and I believe the link is there (I don't remember too clearly right now). And I will agree, it's baffling why some games are listed and some aren't. Maybe some publishers signed up while others didn't? Or maybe Nintendo's trying to charge some fee for the service? Hopefully some site will come up with answers soon.

noname2200 said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Now that I think about it, viewing others' recommendations may be the new thing. Just go to where you normally recommended the games, and I believe the link is there (I don't remember too clearly right now). And I will agree, it's baffling why some games are listed and some aren't. Maybe some publishers signed up while others didn't? Or maybe Nintendo's trying to charge some fee for the service? Hopefully some site will come up with answers soon.

That sounds like a good subject for another harassing email to Nintendo.

The complaint about the lack of a harddrive will only be the icing on that cake.

I don't think it has to do with the publisher though because some Capcom games, especially VC games are listed but not the RE games. I think Bully from Rockstar is in the list but not Manhunt 2? I could be wrong on the Rockstar games though.