By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New feature in the Nintendo Channel.

the channel seems to have serious growing pains, at the moment it is broken to the point of useless, I would like for them to get their act together soon so recommendations actually recommend

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:

I really don't get why we can't rate No More Heroes or RE:UC or Manhunt 2.  That's so stupid.

These are all M rated games so it might be the reason as Nintendo probably wants to avoid having kids being exposed to them via the Nintendo channel. Are any M rated games rateable by users? If there are then it would disprove my theory.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Sri Lumpa said:
Resident_Hazard said:

I really don't get why we can't rate No More Heroes or RE:UC or Manhunt 2.  That's so stupid.

These are all M rated games so it might be the reason as Nintendo probably wants to avoid having kids being exposed to them via the Nintendo channel. Are any M rated games rateable by users? If there are then it would disprove my theory.

Theory effectively disproved! Scarface is on there. I rated it yesterday. Also, the Godfather: Blackhand Edition is also on there and highly rated. Capcom and Ubi-Soft titles are abundant. The absense of the Resident Evil titles and No More Heroes continues to be very puzzling.

I really wanted to recommend No More Heroes, but it wasn't available on the NC service.

As for the games being M rated, Nintendo doesn't have to post any videos. The service should be intended for EVERYBODY, that includes the adults who play M rated games when their kids aren't around. I don't understand why the perspective is that Wii owners only want to play Cooking games (no offense Mama).

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I really wanted to recommend No More Heroes, but it wasn't available on the NC service.

As for the games being M rated, Nintendo doesn't have to post any videos. The service should be intended for EVERYBODY, that includes the adults who play M rated games when their kids aren't around. I don't understand why the perspective is that Wii owners only want to play Cooking games (no offense Mama).

Ahhh, but Nintendo DID post videos of Mature stuff! There was a roughly 2-day period where you could view a trailer for, of all things, Dementium: The Ward on the Nintendo Channel. Hell, it might actually still be up there if you search for it. Unfortunately, no downloadable demo, but the trailer was there!

Around the Network

Is this just the "send us your thoughts" feature? (the one here you rate the game with a sliding scale and are asked whether it is hardcore/casual and best alone/with friends)

If so then you should be able to rate all games you own that are exclusive to the Wii, I have myself, I rated RE4:Wii.