By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I did the unthinkable..

Onyxmeth said:
You sir did a good thing. You have purchased what might go down as the single greatest device ever to play games on. Usually I would say something like "I hope you enjoy it", but in the DS's case, I have no doubts you'll love it.

It must be because of that that the PSP has more games over 80% ranking in Gamerankings.And without having in there 3-4 versions of Nintendogs and Pokemon.

Around the Network
mariozeldametroid said:
Long live the WiiDS revolution! :P The DS is a really great platform, so conglaturation, dude!

True, but after another coule of years the Wii might take that crown.

Diomedes1976 said:
Onyxmeth said:
You sir did a good thing. You have purchased what might go down as the single greatest device ever to play games on. Usually I would say something like "I hope you enjoy it", but in the DS's case, I have no doubts you'll love it.

It must be because of that that the PSP has more games over 80% ranking in Gamerankings.And without having in there 3-4 versions of Nintendogs and Pokemon.

And the DS has more games over 90% on Gamerankings.

--- 

On-Topic. Even Sony fans have DS's before I do -_-' :P

fazz said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Onyxmeth said:

--- 

The DS has 3 games on gamerankings over 90%.The PSP has two.

But the PSP has way more games over 80% ,and over 70%.

So the general library of the PSP is better.

Not so good for being the "greatest gaming machine ever" dont you think?.Being beat by the "it has no games" PSP.

I hope your eyes dont go bad looking at that low resolution screen too much.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
fazz said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Onyxmeth said:

--- 

The DS has 3 games on gamerankings over 90%.The PSP has two.

But the PSP has way more games over 80% ,and over 70%.

So the general library of the PSP is better.

Not so good for being the "greatest gaming machine ever" dont you think?.Being beat by the "it has no games" PSP.

ANd the ds is getting more support from 3rd parties and 1st party. So point?

Onyxmeth said:

In your opinion.

edit:

That post started a huge flamewar.

mM
Onyxmeth said:

Agreed, the ds is by far my favorite handheld or console of all time. It use to be the snes, but with all the 3rd party support that is coming the ds is my favorite.

@Diomedes
The PSP is a great system and has some great games, but the DS library is way more diversified. That´s one main key to its success. Who cares if PSP games have slightly better overall ratings, when there´s a lack of software in some genres, e.g. RPG. And some genres don´t exist at all on PSP, e.g. point& click adventures. PSP developers concentrate too much on action, racers and sports (the genres that are slightly underrepresented on DS). In fact I think it would be best to own both systems. They complement each other.

@OP:
Congrats and welcome to the site. Have fun and have a look at profiles of DS owners. You´ll see a lot of great games there.

Best handheld: psp
Best handheld for videogames: DS

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive