By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Myth of Metal Gear Solid 4 being too much for xbox 360 to handle...

Omac said:
siriguillo said:
Omac said:
The 360's GPU is superior and has flexible ram, it's more than enough to reproduce MGS4 on multiple DVD's. Also the CPU is no slacker in the 360.

360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

I think you've been smoking to much.

dont judge other people by your condition

Around the Network
disolitude said:
siriguillo said:

1. size

nop you dont know what you are saying. the mgs4 cut scenes are scripted not prerendered movies that means cut scenes are like this web page, nothing but paramenters taken by the game engine. the point is the scripts(the cut scenes) could be only a couple mega bytes . Another thing i said in a another thread all recurrent 3d model have to be duclicated on every dvd so the game could end up been bigger on dvd.

2.graphics

the 360 has an GPU dedicated to graphics and the others processor are not used for graphics, on the other hand the cell is used for graphics too. Anyway why do you relate phisics with graphics when they are complete deferent things?, anyway all metal gear games have lots of little details and the cell helps with that. One more thing the 360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

lol man. I really don't understand why im replying to this as its got more holes than swiss cheese.

Are you saying there is no FMV in MGS4? How about the bigging commercials, or the scenes with egg cooking, or how about the parts when they explain plot or scenes form old metal bear movies. That is in game engine too right? You are saying sound can't be compressed?

There have been a much smarter people than you and me discussing graphics on this thread so I will leave that part alone...

you asked for a link where it says a 50gb blu ray is used, i want link where it says nothing is compressed, cus you are asuming everything is uncompressed

NJ5 said:
siriguillo said:
reptile168 said:
Kojima already said that MGS4 can be done on the 360. That's it that's all. He didn't do it because Sony paid for MGS exclusivity.

On the other hand, I read a couple of ignorants complaining about RROD. Let me tell you this: 360s released since summer 2007 doesn't have a much higher failure rate than your regular electronics. My 60GB PS3's bluray broke and they freaking sent me a handicapped 80GB, while my Elite hasn't froze or RROD once.

link ? please cus read the oposite

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

here is my link http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php

That quote is very old, in the meantime Kojima has already changed his mind to say he had overestimated the PS3 hardware. I don't remember him specifically saying it could be done on the 360 though.

The one I'm talking about is this one:

http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disappointed-with-metal-gear-solid-4

"I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see."

interesting cus this is nwer than the one you got
http://kotaku.com/5008653/americans-brag-ps3-no-letdown-kotaku-is-wrong

and he says it was translated wrong

siriguillo said:
Omac said:
siriguillo said:
Omac said:
The 360's GPU is superior and has flexible ram, it's more than enough to reproduce MGS4 on multiple DVD's. Also the CPU is no slacker in the 360.

360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

I'm judging you by your pot leaf as an avatar.  Also I believe uncharted could be ported and look identical, but we will never see it on 360 to do a caparison.  But we could on MGS4, we will have to see.

@ NJ5

I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see.

He already stated this was dragged out of context, translated from Japanese.

The Cell will not be maxed out for many years to come, more code will be moved over to the Cell's SPUs and there's endless room for optimisations. Rome cannot be built in a day and game engines which sometimes took a decade of development cannot be built up and redesigned from scratch in a year or two.

It's easy to underestimate the effort it takes to adapt legacy game engines and thus overestimate the potential results within a certain timeframe, if you only have the basic specs (like peak GFlops and such) to look at. You will have to get your hands dirty, Insomniac have been very informative with regard to their ongoing progress.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
psrock said:
anything is possible, but i doubt it would happen. Do xbox fans want this game?

I don't have a 360 or a PS3 yet, but when I buy a 360 in the next few months I would very much like to have Metal Gear Solid 4 on it. Otherwise it will be much, much longer before I'm able to play it.

siriguillo said:

What kind of massive translation failure would have to happen to explain the part "we're using the Cell to its limit"? It's followed by "I'm not criticizing the PS3", but the point is still there.

That later news item seems to me like pure damage control, but to each his own...

EDIT - Actually, the later news item not only does some damage control, but it ends up repeating the same thing in different words:

"Let's say this developer is making hardware, in this case a game, and that hardware is at the level of a car. And when looking at the specs, the developer claims the car is able to fly. Now there is no stopping when you say, "This is a car that can fly." When you claim that it can fly, the speculation grows from "oh so it can FLY?!!!" And the developer would set his goals higher. The specualtion is that if the car flies, then it should reach a MACH speed...but it doesnt stop there...it'd go beyond the specualtion of then "it should go into space!" with all the excitement around, and the developer would go deeply into making the car going into space... however, he'll come up to the public and say the car reaches the MACH speed, but it fails to go into the space. But he shouldn't give up, because for a car to even reach a mach speed and go into air is revolutionary. I wished to convey my thoughts like that, but I guess it didn't work very well."

No matter how much we want to read into it, even in this new text he's still saying that he had overestimated the PS3. If this was intended as damage control, it totally failed. Translation problems indeed...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Omac said:
siriguillo said:
Omac said:
siriguillo said:
Omac said:

I'm judging you by your pot leaf as an avatar.  Also I believe uncharted could be ported and look identical, but we will never see it on 360 to do a caparison.  But we could on MGS4, we will have to see.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28090.html

watch the review  guess they smoke pot too, they are bias and even they says is better looking, by the way i picked that avatar randomly.

ITT butthurt MS fanboys.

MGS4!

NJ5 said:
siriguillo said:

What kind of massive translation failure would have to happen to explain the part "we're using the Cell to its limit"? It's followed by "I'm not criticizing the PS3", but the point is still there.

That later news item seems to me like pure damage control, but to each his own...

EDIT - Actually, the later news item not only does some damage control, but it ends up repeating the same thing in different words:

"Let's say this developer is making hardware, in this case a game, and that hardware is at the level of a car. And when looking at the specs, the developer claims the car is able to fly. Now there is no stopping when you say, "This is a car that can fly." When you claim that it can fly, the speculation grows from "oh so it can FLY?!!!" And the developer would set his goals higher. The specualtion is that if the car flies, then it should reach a MACH speed...but it doesnt stop there...it'd go beyond the specualtion of then "it should go into space!" with all the excitement around, and the developer would go deeply into making the car going into space... however, he'll come up to the public and say the car reaches the MACH speed, but it fails to go into the space. But he shouldn't give up, because for a car to even reach a mach speed and go into air is revolutionary. I wished to convey my thoughts like that, but I guess it didn't work very well."

No matter how much we want to read into it, even in this new text he's still saying that he had overestimated the PS3. If this was intended as damage control, it totally failed. Translation problems indeed...

ok lest say you are right. Well the 360 have been out for 2.5 years by now, if it has the same power(or more) than the ps3, why games on the 360 don’t  look 10x better, its easier to program on, and the gpu is better? By the time the ps2 was 2.5 years old games looked great. Why some ps3 games look equal or better than 360 games, if  as your are saying the 360 has the same power or more?, how come? The ps3 is 1 year short, why is it that there is nothing on 360 that make everyone say, "ok this is unreachable, this is what next gen is about"? The 360 had everything in it favor.