By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Myth of Metal Gear Solid 4 being too much for xbox 360 to handle...

Omac said:
The 360's GPU is superior and has flexible ram, it's more than enough to reproduce MGS4 on multiple DVD's. Also the CPU is no slacker in the 360.

360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

Around the Network

Kojima already said that MGS4 can be done on the 360. That's it that's all. He didn't do it because Sony paid for MGS exclusivity.

On the other hand, I read a couple of ignorants complaining about RROD. Let me tell you this: 360s released since summer 2007 doesn't have a much higher failure rate than your regular electronics. My 60GB PS3's bluray broke and they freaking sent me a handicapped 80GB, while my Elite hasn't froze or RROD once.

reptile168 said:
Kojima already said that MGS4 can be done on the 360. That's it that's all. He didn't do it because Sony paid for MGS exclusivity.

On the other hand, I read a couple of ignorants complaining about RROD. Let me tell you this: 360s released since summer 2007 doesn't have a much higher failure rate than your regular electronics. My 60GB PS3's bluray broke and they freaking sent me a handicapped 80GB, while my Elite hasn't froze or RROD once.

Don't even bother with people talking about the RROD in unrelated threads, they're just looking for attention.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Great post. I'd love to see the port just for the sake of having a better controller to use. Even if the game was 3 DVDs people would still play it and it would also open up the idea of downloadable content via xbox live.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

reptile168 said:

link ? please cus read the oposite 

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

here is my link http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php

Around the Network

funny a mate of mine downloaded the demo of mgs4 and said he wasnt impressed.
now he says he is waiting for battlefield bad company to come out.
he thought that was more his thing.
I suppose it comes down to personal taste.

siriguillo said:
Omac said:
The 360's GPU is superior and has flexible ram, it's more than enough to reproduce MGS4 on multiple DVD's. Also the CPU is no slacker in the 360.

360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

I think you've been smoking to much.

this is what I basically see here, and seem everyone con or pro aggree on. This game is technically possible on the xbox with multiple discs and tweak on the visual(enhance or degrade we dont know until konami willing to port one). bluray is nice holding 50 gig of data, but there is always the route of adding more disc using DL dvds.

So final conclusion the game is very well possible on any god damn system out there, just with some tweak here and there sacrificing some eye candy graphics. hey look at it this way, the ps3 can render a model using few millions of polygon running around an enviroment. the wii can do the same too but can only use few hundred poly creating a less detail model. Both still doing the same thing running around the environment. both system are doing the same but one is having a skeleton running around while the other having a human with flesh and bones running around.

siriguillo said:

1. size

nop you dont know what you are saying. the mgs4 cut scenes are scripted not prerendered movies that means cut scenes are like this web page, nothing but paramenters taken by the game engine. the point is the scripts(the cut scenes) could be only a couple mega bytes . Another thing i said in a another thread all recurrent 3d model have to be duclicated on every dvd so the game could end up been bigger on dvd.

2.graphics

the 360 has an GPU dedicated to graphics and the others processor are not used for graphics, on the other hand the cell is used for graphics too. Anyway why do you relate phisics with graphics when they are complete deferent things?, anyway all metal gear games have lots of little details and the cell helps with that. One more thing the 360 has been in the market for 2.5 years, why are there no games that look as good a mgs4 and uncharted?

lol man. I really don't understand why im replying to this as its got more holes than swiss cheese.

Are you saying there is no FMV in MGS4? How about the bigging commercials, or the scenes with egg cooking, or how about the parts when they explain plot or scenes form old metal bear movies. That is in game engine too right? You are saying sound can't be compressed?

There have been a much smarter people than you and me discussing graphics on this thread so I will leave that part alone...

siriguillo said:
reptile168 said:

link ? please cus read the oposite

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

here is my link http://kotaku.com/gaming/go307/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php

That quote is very old, in the meantime Kojima has already changed his mind to say he had overestimated the PS3 hardware. I don't remember him specifically saying it could be done on the 360 though.

The one I'm talking about is this one:

http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disappointed-with-metal-gear-solid-4

"I remember saying three years ago that we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered - we were creating something we couldn't entirely see."

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957