By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Myth of Metal Gear Solid 4 being too much for xbox 360 to handle...

NG2 looks ike shit,it doesn't compare with MGS4 at all,and the camera is the worst thing that could happen to the sequel,is really bad,I mean,the NG1 for the XBOX was a lot better,you have to play it to believe it,now I understand the low reviews from almost any media with everyone complaining about the camera issues.

What a shame,I really want a good sequel but the camera mess with the gameplay,turning a difficult game in a frustrating one.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Can someone definitively (with RECENT links) tell me if MGS4 is in 1080p or 720p?

My TV is definitly showing 1080p in the top left corner when playing the game.

Now of course the PS3 upscales and I have no clue what is the original definition the game is rendered in and if only gameplay and not cutscenes or if both are upscaled.

But yes, I think it's actually the first PS3 game I have where my TV doesn't switch to 720p when starting the game...

PS : The game box mentions support of 720p, 1080i, 1080p

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

^ Itagaki wanted to teach us, that as a Ninja you have to be able to fight invisible foes , just kidding

I'm still very confused on the camera work of Ninja Gaiden 2, if you have control of the camera, why does it suck o.O?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Mike, your English is very good. Therefore, I think you know what the expression "as long as" means.
Dynamic branch hints are similar to delayed jumps, something I use when programming with DSPs. It's not the same thing as never mispredicting branches, it just means that sometimes you can decide a branch early.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
OT7 said:
NG2 looks ike shit,it doesn't compare with MGS4 at all,and the camera is the worst thing that could happen to the sequel,is really bad,I mean,the NG1 for the XBOX was a lot better,you have to play it to believe it,now I understand the low reviews from almost any media with everyone complaining about the camera issues.

What a shame,I really want a good sequel but the camera mess with the gameplay,turning a difficult game in a frustrating one.

You are either trolling and have not played the game...or...umm...yeah, just trolling. There is no way that anyone could say this who played more than 50% of the game.

The amount of enemies on screen in NG2 is far greater than MGS4, also the draw distance is much bigger. MGS4 looks so good because everything is presented in small coridors and narrow streets. Other games like GTA4 have like 5 times the draw distance of MGS4 and much more characters on screen with terrain and structure damage. Ofcourse the models won't look as nice...

I agree that MGS4 looks more impressive than NG2 if you take a snapshot, but you have to consider what each game was going visually for and both do their job very well. There is nothing wrong with ninja gaiden 2...

The reason why its harder to control the camera in NG2 is because action is much MUCH more hectic than games like Gears and MGS4. And they did an excellent job with what they were going for. Ofcourse it could always be like DMC4, with set camera angles, if you like that sort of thing... One should try bouncing of walls in NG when the camera is set and down becomes up because of the angle. that would be funny...

I can't believe there are people who think that the flashy cutscenes, with tons of action on screen, are running in real time at a rock solid 30fps.

Sure, some of them are real time, like parts of the mission briefings. But any time you start getting tons of shit on-screen you can be sure that things aren't in real time. After all the game starts to dip below 30 when you have a moderate amount of explosions/action going on.

Not to mention that the macroblocking, posterizing and other compression artifacts are usually pretty obvious.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

disolitude said:
OT7 said:

You are either trolling and have not played the game...or...umm...yeah, just trolling. There is no way that anyone could say this who played more than 50% of the game.

The amount of enemies on screen in NG2 is far greater than MGS4, also the draw distance is much bigger. MGS4 looks so good because everything is presented in small coridors and narrow streets. Other games like GTA4 have like 5 times the draw distance of MGS4 and much more characters on screen with terrain and structure damage. Ofcourse the models won't look as nice...

I agree that MGS4 looks more impressive than NG2 if you take a snapshot, but you have to consider what each game was going visually for and both do their job very well. There is nothing wrong with ninja gaiden 2...

Then why is every single review complaining about the camera ?

As to who was wondering why camera would be a problem and why coudn't you just control it.

I remember from playing Sigma , the issue is that the camera tries to stay close from the action and when fighting in cramped spaces the camera tend to automatically focus on walls sometime and you have to push the button to reset it all the time to see all the enemies you are facing. It wasn't a big issue in Sigma as it didn't happen that often. I can see how it could be an issue if it did happen more often...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

why wouldn't they just make it 4 discs.....us PS3 owners sit through a 5 min load telling us to go outside after each act....why not say "youve played for more than 3 hours, why dont you stretch and put in disc 2".....

The argument against disc swapping is a stupid beating of the chest argument. The PS3 is superior in that it can decode DTS or HD audio, can use uncompressed sound with the extra space...the machine itself is very "techy".....there are good enough programmers out there that can equal the MGS4 graphics on the 360.........hell, Gears does IMO.

This coming from me who loves my PS3 exponentially more than my 360. But lets be honest.....this game is exclusive because somebody from Sony gave Konami a break somewhere.....and im cool with that because its traditionally a PS3 game....im cool with very few "traditional" 3rd party exclusives....

Anyone thinking MGS4 is exclusive because of limitations is a fool.

Ail said:
disolitude said:
OT7 said:

Then why is every single review complaining about the camera ?

As to who was wondering why camera would be a problem and why coudn't you just control it.

I remember from playing Sigma , the issue is that the camera tries to stay close from the action and when fighting in cramped spaces the camera tend to automatically focus on walls sometime and you have to push the button to reset it all the time to see all the enemies you are facing. It wasn't a big issue in Sigma as it didn't happen that often. I can see how it could be an issue if it did happen more often...

I don't know of a single other game that tries to give this perspective and does a better job than ninja gaiden. God of war and devil may cry have set camera angles most of the time. Ninja gaiden has a camera that follows you in 3rd person view.

Since NG2 atack targetting is set up to attack the closest enemy one just needs to reset the camera if the enemy comes form behind. And that that happens a lot...and to me is not a big deal. I have not been in a single fight in NG2 where the camera caused me to die. Sometimes it is not optimal...sure...but thats because its not fixed in position or zoomed out. And frankly, I preffer it being that way...