By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japan Prelim: Around 460k first week in Japan for MGS4

I Perdict said:
Xponent said:
Admittedly, I did not expect MGS4 to perform so well. Great news for Sony, especially in Japan. Subsequent weeks will be the true test however. I suspect that it will be very frontloaded.

Um... no... just no. No one expects this game to have a test for legs because no other MGS has. The only people who are saying "It all comes down to legs now" just want to belittle the accomplishment

You should trust that this game will have legs. You say no one expects it to have legs? Have you seen a user named Crazzy or Leo-J? This is the "turn-around" game for the PS3 in Japan and for PS3 domination worldwide. It should drop off big, but it could have legs for at least a couple of weeks. Have a little faith in Crazzy's predictions.

I, for one, expect nothing less than greatness from MGS4 this week and next. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

yeah baby ps3 domination

Good sales for MGS and looks like good HW boost as well.

I'm not surprised at lack of boost for other titles as in Japan I think there are few other titles popular enough to get any kind of boost at all on PS3 at this time - if Sony and the devs had a larger base of Japanese games this would likely have been different.

As it is PS2 saw a modest (small?) boost for the old MGS games.

Now what Sony need is steady stream of popular titles for all regions to ensure that average weekly sales keep rising after the spikes and that they capatilize on the increasing install base.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

We'll see how HW totals worldwide this week. If Nintendo pulled another GTA4 like in May, ps3 fans may just start jumping out of their skin, not to mention new gifs with graphs coming out....

Or it may just happen that Sony shall own this week and most of us will either be happy or just don't care.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

FinalEvangelion,

Final Fantasy sales will be 2-2.5 million first week in Japan as always but i can't say much about NA and Others.

Around the Network

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKS SALES!!

that aside.. I wonder if people will still be willing to buy MGS4 bundle if it's restocked.

Munkeh111 said:
@ I perdict, when have there only been 120k PS3s sold in a week? It has been at 150k recently, and that is due to the pre-MGS 4 dip as people wait for that 80GB bundle

Slowest month of the year is July to August. It hasnt got down to that level yet but I can see it dipping pretty low for those months.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I Perdict said:
Xponent said:
Admittedly, I did not expect MGS4 to perform so well. Great news for Sony, especially in Japan. Subsequent weeks will be the true test however. I suspect that it will be very frontloaded.

Um... no... just no. No one expects this game to have a test for legs because no other MGS has. The only people who are saying "It all comes down to legs now" just want to belittle the accomplishment

You should trust that this game will have legs. You say no one expects it to have legs? Have you seen a user named Crazzy or Leo-J? This is the "turn-around" game for the PS3 in Japan and for PS3 domination worldwide. It should drop off big, but it could have legs for at least a couple of weeks. Have a little faith in Crazzy's predictions.

I, for one, expect nothing less than greatness from MGS4 this week and next. 

Okay, I think my estimiations are a little more accurate than those guys ... we shall see.

"We'll see how HW totals worldwide this week. If Nintendo pulled another GTA4 like in May, ps3 fans may just start jumping out of their skin, not to mention new gifs with graphs coming out...."

There hasn't been any reports saying nintendo shipped extra units... normally we hear about that.

iron_megalith said:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKS SALES!!

that aside.. I wonder if people will still be willing to buy MGS4 bundle if it's restocked.

Its an 80gb PS3, it sold out immediately after release, sony needs to restock it, not only would it help PS3 hardware, but it would help MGS4 see less of a drop off in sales for its 2nd week.

mM

now what sony should do is when FF comes out they should make a FF ps3 bundle for about £299 and lower the price in japan, the ps3 will sell like hotcakes then