By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: "Avatars" are Microsoft's take on Mii's?

Cremator said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
Hmm... even Microsoft jumps on the Wii Band wagon... The only company that really hasn't changed its ways drastically is Sony...

So by SONY copying 360 in having in game music and ingame chat and other things such as XBLA features and achievements that doesn't mean SONY has changed. WOW which cave have you been living in SONY fanboy? SONY is the biggest copycat and everyone knoes that. From HDD, six-axis the PS3 is made by copying everyone else except for bluray and other miniscule things.

Lol

Around the Network

those characters remind avatars remind me of the character models in my sims and ea playground...but this might be cool only thing is avatars is a retarded name

maximum desperation.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

What's the big deal? All you haters coming here bashing MS and accusing them fo being desperate and copycats.

If you are so horny about your Miis, you should be glad that this great concept is getting recognition and spreading elsewhere.

Cremator said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
Hmm... even Microsoft jumps on the Wii Band wagon... The only company that really hasn't changed its ways drastically is Sony...

So by SONY copying 360 in having in game music and ingame chat and other things such as XBLA features and achievements that doesn't mean SONY has changed. WOW which cave have you been living in SONY fanboy? SONY is the biggest copycat and everyone knoes that. From HDD, six-axis the PS3 is made by copying everyone else except for bluray and other miniscule things.

HD movies raked in 300 million dollars for Warner last year. If Warner is about 30% of the movie industry that means HD movies pulled in around 1 billion dollars last year. (These numbers are very accurate. Home movies is a 60 bil dollar industry. 1 bil is about 2% which is exactly what the HD movies market share was last year) Also blu-ray has shown to have already shown a huge growth compared to HD-DVD and Blu-ray put together already this year... There really isnt anything miniscule about those numbers.

As for the other parts of your posts... I'll let the sony fans like sc2974 and __XBrawlX__  (Lol) finish you off.

OT: Sounds desperate to me too...

Around the Network

I do not believe this is true. Microsoft does not need this to attract the casual gamer. The casual gamer wants an easy to use and understand input device and pick up and play games. This is what Nintendo has done. The Miis function as in game characters, main character in some games like Wii play and Wii sports or optional characters in Mario Kart Wii and maybe others or as background characters in games like Wii sports and Mario Kart Wii, I do not see this happening with Xbox 360 games. Therefore the gamertag is enough.

I doubt Microsoft would copy the Miis just for the sake of copying. Casual gamers will not be attracted to this nor will core gamers. It always will be about the games and now the input devices. All the other stuff is fluff.

I'm going to go a head and call this info fake.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

I Perdict said:
Cremator said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

HD movies raked in 300 million dollars for Warner last year. If Warner is about 30% of the movie industry that means HD movies pulled in around 1 billion dollars last year. (These numbers are very accurate. Home movies is a 60 bil dollar industry. 1 bil is about 2% which is exactly what the HD movies market share was last year) Also blu-ray has shown to have already shown a huge growth compared to HD-DVD and Blu-ray put together already... There really isnt anything miniscule about those numbers.

As for your other posts... I'll let the sony fans like sc2974 and __XBrawlX__ (Lol) finish you off.

first of warner is certainly not representing 30% of the industry at least not world wide.... and when they say HD movie it doesn't mean only on Blu Ray support but all other media they are using to distribute their production.... Blu Ray is a transition technology we can't keep stocking data on piece of crap plastic..... well I sure won't... 

I Perdict said:
Cremator said:
__XBrawlX__ said:

HD movies raked in 300 million dollars for Warner last year. If Warner is about 30% of the movie industry that means HD movies pulled in around 1 billion dollars last year. (These numbers are very accurate. Home movies is a 60 bil dollar industry. 1 bil is about 2% which is exactly what the HD movies market share was last year) Also blu-ray has shown to have already shown a huge growth compared to HD-DVD and Blu-ray put together already this year... There really isnt anything miniscule about those numbers.

As for the other parts of your posts... I'll let the sony fans like sc2974 and __XBrawlX__  (Lol) finish you off.

OT: Sounds desperate to me too...

lol, u just revealed how weak HD movie sales are. Your numbers are FUD because u made a rong assumption.

HD movie market share is not 2%. Maybe 2% of the top 10 sales or something, but it's way less compared to the total DVD market.

Blu-ray bragged about selling 7 million Blu-ray movie discs, just a little while ago. HD- DVD was even smaller.

$20 from each copy gives 7millx$20= rufly $140 mill total Blu-ray movie sales, and maybe $250 mill for Blu-ray + HD DVD. And still u cant compare that with the $60 billion figure, because those $250 mill are since inception, not for one single year.

Anyway, even if the 30% share to Warner is true, it's only $75 mill from HD since inception, not $300 mil "last year". And Im being generous here.

Slimebeast said:

lol, u just revealed how weak HD movie sales are. Your numbers are FUD because u made a rong assumption.

HD movie market share is not 2%. Maybe 2% of the top 10 sales or something, but it's way less compared to the total DVD market.

Blu-ray bragged about selling 7 million Blu-ray movie discs, just a little while ago.

$20 from each copy gives 7millx$20= rufly $140 mill total Blu-ray movie sales. And still u cant compare that with the $60 billion figure, because those $140 mill are since inception, not for one single year.

Anyway, even if the 30% share to Warner is true, it's only $42 mill from Blu-ray, not $300 mil.

I did knot assume HD movie market is 2% thats what it was. Also Warner stated to recieve 170 mil from blu-ray and 130 mil from HD-DVD which make up 300 mil... Warner is said to be about 33% (1/3) of the home movie business. That's why it was so huge for someone to win them over.

Go look it up.

Warner lied.