By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Only 70,000 MGS4 bundles?

The 70,000 Metal Gear Solid 4 bundles supplied by Sony sold out immediately and with no confirmation of further shipments, it is expected that the hardware boost will be short-lived and PS3 sales will return to normal levels within the next couple of weeks.

I'm confused how this is possible. First of all, is this worldwide, or in North America only? Either way it doesn't seem to add up. A couple weeks ago we learned that two online retailers in Canada, futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca, sold at least 8,000 bundles between them. That's online only, Canada only. I've also heard reports of larger stores each stocking about 30 units on launch day. There are 4300 Wal-Marts alone in North America, and even if we suppose they each only got 10 units, then we've already accounted for most of those 70,000. What about every other retailer, small and large? And god knows how many units the major American online retailers like Amazon.com moved.

Am I missing something? How does this add up?

Around the Network

Hrm... I don't know.

nevermind.

but keep in mind, 70K per week is much more than what they sell right now in a week. Watch Sony to restock them quickly and keep up the momentum. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

ummmm

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

WHo knows if they are gunna restock. The reason why it sold out so fast was because of the limited stock.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

not sure, but we will see when the numbers come through in MGS4 vgc week

It was Amercia only

Borkachev said:

The 70,000 Metal Gear Solid 4 bundles supplied by Sony sold out immediately and with no confirmation of further shipments, it is expected that the hardware boost will be short-lived and PS3 sales will return to normal levels within the next couple of weeks.

I'm confused how this is possible. First of all, is this worldwide, or in North America only? Either way it doesn't seem to add up. A couple weeks ago we learned that two online retailers in Canada, futureshop.ca and bestbuy.ca, sold at least 8,000 bundles between them. That's online only, Canada only. I've also heard reports of larger stores each stocking about 30 units on launch day. There are 4300 Wal-Marts alone in North America, and even if we suppose they each only got 10 units, then we've already accounted for most of those 70,000. What about every other retailer, small and large? And god knows how many units the major American online retailers like Amazon.com moved.

Am I missing something? How does this add up?

yep, I have taken pictures from my local Bestbuy Store. 35 PS3s sold out within minutes

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29392 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yep its North america, japan had around 50-60k ps3 bundles and according to vgchartz they sold out. How do I know 50-60k? Famitsu= 295k first day sales, first day sales in japan including bundles are over 350k.

Therefore thats so far how many ps3's have been sold this week, I expect 70k and it should outsell the wii in japan this week.

mM

They could have sold soooo much more arggg

Predictions for end of 2008

PS3 - 18 million

360 - 22million

Wii - 30 million