By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS Question? Your Thoughts (Might Contain Mild Spoilers in Act II)

Yeah, the two "under construction" slots caught my eyes... but I guess they were there just to give us something to talk about.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@sicilian

WOW....I never thought of the "sleeping" thing....m gonna try it out now

I never thought about this either.

One of the things that really irks me about this game is how it sends a never ending wave of troops at you until you hit a checkpoint. It completely kills my style of play, especially during PMC v Rebel battles.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I send everyone to sleep. The MkII is my favoured weapon. Silent, efficient, accurate, and stops respawning. that said, at the hardest difficulty, the soldiers get back up pretty quickly.

However, as as I said, for this battle, you can just hide under the truck at the left of the map near the beginning. No one can see you under there at all, and you can snipe silently in NV mode for as long as you wish without impediment. It makes this battle pretty easy (although fairly lengthly), and has the bonus of not being exposed to the weather.

Its easy darth, all you have to do is go to where the snow is not blowing, and she will snipe, go to NV mode, and while moving try to snipe her. Or you can do what any idiot would do(those that completely killed the experience) use a grenade launcher and kill her.. you can find her were the snow is light.

mM

I have in fact just gone through that very cutscene, and noticed the two boxes underneath...intriguing clue.

And i have to say so far, Act one was brilliant, but Act two is stunning. It really reminds me of Snake Eater, and i really think its gonna take a few more runthroughs to explore all of the huge area and rescue all of the rebels.

Love it!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

well who here thinks if there is two new metal gear games that they should definitely make one a prequel of you playing as The Boss and getting to see first hand what makes her so good and also you could see how close her relationship with NakedSnake/BigBoss really was...

If there was 2 i would like the other one to be a sequel.... If you had to pick one character to make the main character in the sequel who in MetalGearSolid 4 who would you pick....?
Please put it in black because some people don't want to see names on characters in the game or know if that character survived in the game.

My Pick--- Johnny/Akiba since it doesnt seem like raiden is going to fight again. either johnny or a whole new character

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Ok I did that....thank you everyone for the help.

But I think that battle left me exhausted so I will play at night now//

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Ok I did that....thank you everyone for the help.

But I think that battle left me exhausted so I will play at night now//
Personally, I thought that was one of the easiest and fastest boss battles(as easy as the first B&B).
You should've used your codec more. =P
Wolf uses smell and always heads downwind.
You just follow the wind direction and outsnipe her.
You can take down about 1/4 of her HP everytime you beat her in a sniper battle and she runs away.
Rinse repeat. Just crouch when moving downwind and her goons won't be able to spot you easily.
Now Raven in act III, that was exhausting. I just ran and gunned that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@sicilian
the under construction boxes i think are ps3 remakes of the original metal gear games metal gear and metal gear 2 solid snake

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

^ That is one theory but it was going though all the games.. I dont think it would repeat itself when it already mention MetalGear and MetalGear2-SolidSnake at the top. i dont think it listed MetalGearSolid and MetalGearSolid-TwinSnakes

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX