By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Spore on Wii? What's going on?

Now I know that Spore has been officially confirmed for Wii; however, I am having trouble finding any information on it aside from the confirmation from Will Wright several months ago. The offical website has release dates for the PC, Mac and DS versions, but there's nothing for a Wii version on there. Does anyone know what is happening with the Wii version? And does anyone know if it's going to be the same as the PC version? Or will it have fewer features due to size constraints?

Around the Network

Wii version was put on hold because the current budget and resources they had allocated weren't enough without really gimping the Wii version. As Spore gets later in the development cycle, that will free up some of the dev team to go back and work on the Wii version.

It won't release alongside the other versions but it's still coming.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Oh ok. So it's not going to be gimped then?

yeah will has said he wants it on everything Wii, DS, PC, 360, PS3, Cellphones etc.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

its coming but it will be released after the PC version

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Raziel Dune said:
yeah will has said he wants it on everything Wii, DS, PC, 360, PS3, Cellphones etc.

Though the DS version is going to be a "gimped" version.

It's more like a pokemon game where you design your own pokemon. (to my knowledge.)

Also while he said he wants it on everything....

Only the PC, Wii, Cellphone and DS versions has thus far been announced officially.

So the PS360,PSP, ports will likely come out later.

Raziel Dune said:

typical ea mindset.

EA doesn't know the word exclusive so we will see spore on everything eventually

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Sadly it's not coming launch day, but hopefully a full version will come shortly after. I'm lookin at you Rock Band...

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

cwbys21 said:
Raziel Dune said:

typical ea mindset.

Oh no... everybody gets to play!

Considering how much EA didn't rush Will Wright and gave him all the time in the world to perfect this game... i'm glad everyone is going to get a chance at it.

Got to give them credit for that... I thought this game was coming out like a year and a half ago when i first heard about it.