By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats the most memorable Ninty E3 press conference for you?

damkira said:

E3 2006.

Miyamoto coming out with the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield. Also the most cheering I've ever seen... and Twilight Princess was such a good game. Win on all counts.

That was E3 2004. I like E3 2004 because of the Zelda OHSHI- moments, but I like E3 2006 more because it was the start of Nintendo's comeback. Not counting Red Steel's leaked shots in GI, it was the first time we saw any of Wii's games. Excite Truck, Wii Sports, Wii Music, DBZ: BT2, FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, and more were all shown for the first time on the Wii. It was also the first time we heard and saw and played Super Mario Galaxy, the first time WiiConnect24 and the Wiimote speaker were officially revealed, and the first time Nintendo confirmed a Zelda title for a system launch, in addition to two versions of it. We also got to see DS games like Star Fox: Command and Yoshi's Island DS announced for the first time. Truly Nintendo's best moment.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Around the Network

E32k4

The introduction of the DS, that was a good day for me, back when I was pro nintendo.

mM