By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the scariest game villains ever

I didn't know half of those. Mainly because I never owned a playstation or xbox.

Around the Network

It's a good list, though I think the order is off.

Bottom of the Well+Redeads=Scared Lolita >_

HaHaHa I didn't click on the link because I don't want nightmares :P

No one else thinks the Heaven's Smile are creepy? Nothing freaks me out quite like misssing one them suddenly barely make out a camoflauged... thing lunge at me out of nowhere with that ridiculiously creepy lunging noise it makes, followed by a giant explosion.

Around the Network

I agree with everything, but what about RE4's Regenerators and Iron Maiden's?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

^they probably just wanted to list one per game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Also the nurses from the Silent Hill series should've been there, and that fat monster who moves pretty fast from Silent Hill 3; I forgot the name.

Shodan should've been 1st.

Oh dear - yet again the cheap scare tactic (Dr Salvador) wins over the genuinely unsettling (Pyramid Head and Shodan).

While of course no one wants chainsawed... its pretty clear that whatever Pyramid Head does to you is going to be worse... and not only that, it might just start with your death rather than end there.

And as for Shodan - playing System Shock 2 at the dark in the middle of the night is just about the creepiest thing you can do, and the atmosphere of being trapped alone with a crazy AI and a horde of quietly chittering things slowly numbs you. Also the midwives from SS2 should be on the list. Creepy as hell, high pitched screams and armed with razor claws and lasers!

Good list overall though - but as a SH man I just don't see the good Dr as anything more than a shock tactic. He has no depth.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...