By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Firefox 3 comes out tuesday. World Record download?

Firefox rocks I will download firefox 3.

Around the Network

I'll wait a few days. I'm content with FF 3 RC 2 for now. :)

two more hours left people.

What time does it come out? I'm all over this.

FIREFOX 3 * party poppers * :D

Around the Network

I just download it... looks the same

getfirefox.com still shows FF2 only for download, and only a "sneak peak" of 3 :(
whens it supposed to be available? it's been the 17th where i am for a few hours now

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I just downloaded Fox's Up B 3! :D

count me in.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

roadkillers said:
omgwtfbbq said:
roadkillers said:
omgwtfbbq said:
konnichiwa said:
roadkillers said:
never heard of it lol

x2

Well I kind of heard of it. I heard theres a firefox chick and this is some type of web browser but thats it. I dont get why people are excited.

well it's your classic david and goliath story, you've got the big guy who illegally muscles his way into a market, and then once he is king just decides not to help his subjects but just ignore them and rule with an iron fist. And then a descendant of the previous king rises up and challenges the evil giant. Of course everyone is going to get behind the little guy.

not to mention the fact that browsing the Internet with firefox 3 is just a better experience. It will save you time, annoyance, and you get the warm fuzzy feeling of sticking it to the man.

1. Whats the difference between E8 and the Firefox 3? What does it fix?

2. Does it run faster?

3. If I download Firefox 3 can I still keep Explorer 8 too incase I dont like Firefox?

1. pretty much what naz said, as well as it has better support for Internet standards allowing for new features and accurate support of existing features. I will also add that the address bar in firefox 3 is so good and finding webpages you've visited before is so much easier. Not to mention that once you learn about keywords (for example, you type "wp bla" into the location bar and it searches wikipedia for bla) it's just amazing. Anything you want firefox to do, you can find an extension that does it for you.

2. Firefox will load slower on initial startup. It wil render pages faster, and it runs scripts at blazing fast speeds when compared to IE (seriously, I had scripts that would take minutes on IE run in unnoticable time on firefox. If speed is what you are looking for, look no further than Opera. Opera 9.5 renders pages at lightning fast speeds, it feels like your internet is twice as fast. I don't use opera for other reasons, but it is a great alternative, many people love it, and really, it is the fastest browser bar none

3. you can't get rid of explorer once it's installed. So yes. Firefox and Opera, however, if you don't like you can remove

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!